The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: An Observation on Political Discourse
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:32 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I wasn't going into this one but the major problem now is that too many millions of Americans are dependent upon Big Government for survival.

Just scope the bad neighborhoods of NYC - jammed with minorities, no fathers, murders every day in the news. Why?

It's the same with white trailer trailer trash elsewhere.

The why is handout housing, handout cash, handout medical, handout childcare, handout food stamps, handout prisons for the male breeders and handouts to the illegal aliens that now infest our once-great nation.

Old farts like me get taxed to the max on a shit pension and Social Security to pay for this. My wife is still working and she's taxed to her old ovaries to pay for this. And yet folks like Obummer still want to go another trillion in the hole to keep the bums happy.

I'm stopping here.

You want healthcare? Go break your fuggin ass at a job and pay for it. F+*&k Obamacare.

The situation you describe does in fact exist. But they aren't the real problem. if we stopped giving them food stamps and housing and what not the only difference would be higher mortality. this is what the real elite want you to focus on so that you will not focus on the fact that they and their like have been screwing you since before you could piss straight. Stop and think for a second and consider that you are attacking down and not up, as though the politicians, billionaires and corporations arent in fact the ones who have been reaping the benefits of this 50 year old heist.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:13 am 

Well, I have worked for some bad folks. In high school I worked for a Jewish guy named Beroza for $1.25 an hour part time. He ran a plumbing supply business. He liked me because I was with the Explorer Scouts at his temple and was buddies with some Jewish guys. He was a down-and-dirty blue collar plumber that did well out of Brooklyn. He gave the Irish kid (me) a job because he respected the Irish guys he used to brawl with when he was a kid. He used to tell me, "No Mick ever put me down on Pitkin Avenue in a fist fight and then hurt me worse. It was over." This man came from nothing and was tossing work to neighborhood kids. I was one of them.

But I rant.

People did not have their hands out from birth years ago. My father (1914) and my mother (1918) explained to me that it was a disgrace and shameful to be on "home relief" during the Depression. Being on the dole was a horror. Today, the handouts are a way of life - they are called "entitlements" - housing, healthcare, food, and everything else. Who's paying for it?

LBJ's Great Society from the 1960s destroyed a lot of people out of the 1960s with the handouts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:38 am 

The scary part is that rich take more handouts than the poor. Yes let me repeat that the rich take more handouts than the poor. Between government bailouts, war contracts, pork barrel projects and tax loopholes the rich work this system like champs. Don't forget it was a trillion dollar bailout given to wall street. The people on top are more parasitic than the dregs that are purchased like degenerate slaves of sloth for a few hundred in welfare handouts.

1/4 Pole wrote:
Well, I have worked for some bad folks. In high school I worked for a Jewish guy named Beroza for $1.25 an hour part time. He ran a plumbing supply business. He liked me because I was with the Explorer Scouts at his temple and was buddies with some Jewish guys. He was a down-and-dirty blue collar plumber that did well out of Brooklyn. He gave the Irish kid (me) a job because he respected the Irish guys he used to brawl with when he was a kid. He used to tell me, "No Mick ever put me down on Pitkin Avenue in a fist fight and then hurt me worse. It was over." This man came from nothing and was tossing work to neighborhood kids. I was one of them.

But I rant.

People did not have their hands out from birth years ago. My father (1914) and my mother (1918) explained to me that it was a disgrace and shameful to be on "home relief" during the Depression. Being on the dole was a horror. Today, the handouts are a way of life - they are called "entitlements" - housing, healthcare, food, and everything else. Who's paying for it?

LBJ's Great Society from the 1960s destroyed a lot of people out of the 1960s with the handouts.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm 

Right after the government bailed out the banks, Citibank sends me a letter saying that due to the cost of doing business, my interest rate was going up 7 points..I almost had a cardiac. On the phone, I told them that they had a hell of alot of nerve and be ashame in going up on interest rates after getting a handout from tax payers ,,..at the end of the conversation my current interest went down by 4 points..I am still pissed, at the time I hadn't been late with a payment in years. Then my free checking and ATM went away unless I keep $3,000 in my checking account. So to save $7.50 a month I should let them hold $3,000,I use to take ATM withdrawals frequently, now I ask for cash back with my debit card. I hear some banks are considering charging a fee for cash back transaction,needless to say I will be moving soon to another bank after 25 years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am 

Samyn is spot on. Democrats and Republicans and a president from each party opened up the treasury to the tune of almost a trillion dollars. Two page bill that if you recall failed the first thime, then after considerable promises to a handful of elected leaders the vault was opened and out went the money. Strangely, they don't seem able to lend the money to small businesses or individuals. Yet their shareholders and CEO's walk away with all sorts of free cash.

I'm all for "taking the country back", but let's take a closer look at who we should be taking the country back from. there's a reason why so many big corporations finance campaigns of both sides. There's no transparency & there's no accountability, and that holds true regardless of the letter following a politicians name.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:55 pm 

No one puts their hand out, unless they know something was going to be put in it...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:57 pm 

Mama wrote:
No one puts their hand out, unless they know something was going to be put in it...

Yes!!! And the government has made people so know its there. SAD!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:41 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Mama wrote:

Yes!!! And the government has made people so know its there. SAD!!!

And this is where the Democrats pull their scam. Their voters are these people and people generally inclined to be sympathetic to their plight. But there hasnt been a program to get them up and on their feet, because then they wouldnt be able to count on their votes. The people who work hard and see people living off the gov't hand out are the bread and butter of Republicans.

Both parties benefit from things staying like this. They both continue to get elected, take care of their corporate benefactors and laugh all the way to the bank. Dems get voters, Republicans get something to point their finger at. the entire time both groups are blind to the real crime.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:07 pm 

Flag has a point well taken.

I go back to Truman (no college degree did Harry have) but I remember Eisenhower and Kennedy well. Both men tried to do "good" for their country. Ike just didn't want to rock the boat as a military man. The first thing Kennedy did as a new President was ram through tax cuts. He knew as a multi-millionaire that the middle class was what kept his type of people wealthy. His father was a bootlegger and a crook but Jack Kennedy was OK. Jeez, that s.o.b. was OK during the war - he may have been a dumb Harvard sunuvabitch to get his PT boat cut in half by a Jap destroyer as a Navy lieutenant but he was all balls with what happened afterward. But bear in mind he won the Navy & Marine Corps Medal - he was not awarded the Navy Cross, Silver Star, or Bronze Star for doing anything good in action VS the enemy.

But kudos to JFK - he swam a long way with a wounded enlisted man under one of his arms.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm 

To help a person is one thing, but to make it a lifestyle stinks...how do other countries handle this