The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Goodbye Nancy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:31 am 

TheFlagIsUp wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending pelosi, Reid or Obama....frankly they are all corporate shills. The people who rode the wave into power last night are going to get their marching orders from people you don't know and do not share the interests of ordinary people. I'll take the liberty of assuming no one here is in the wealthy class, so it's difficult to understand what is being celebrated. Of course if you're making 500K or something like that, then I guess you should be celebrating.

Pay attention January 3rd and after and take a close look at the legislation that is going to be forwarded by the next Congress. It will all be designed to continue to concentrate wealth and power where it has been concentrating for the past 30 years. In short, it's just a new group of people carrying the water for the true "Elite"

There is no wealthy class. As long as their is a draconian drain on one's pocketbook for doing things the right way there will never be a wealthy class. There is however a no class which gets bigger all the time. The doles and free cheese cause they is entitled to handouts will continue building a class of undereducted self entitled imbeciles who will vote out of fear someone with a stones might get elected and turn off the spigot..see NY voter results..Cuomo is a second generation lefty liberal who hasn't met a barrel of pork he wouldn't poke. The guy as Attorney General had to have a press agent write his briefs on why he decided to no contest cases against the crooks he is replacing including the blind accidenatl governor who could not deliver the racino to Floyd Flake...no matter how hard he paid.We live in a world where education and generational progress has been replaced by off the books corrupt graft. Why work an pay taxes when you can hustle and pay none. Have a bad day hope the check comes..miss a meal eat govt cheese..Flat tax the vermin and we will all be equal..Why equality when entitlement plays so well?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 am 

suffolk otb wrote:
Good riddance Pelosi!

Wow---two years ago the Dems were on top of the world. In 22 months they lost the House, and may only keep control of the Senate since there were a limited number of seats up for reelection. Only the Dems could screw up that quickly and massively. Two years from now no more Obama, the Senate will be controlled by the good guys, and our future will be restored.

It is a good night.

It was a good nite until that useless bastard won in Nevada.I was hoping for a public execution and they give him two more years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 am 

suffolk otb wrote:
I wasn't taking your comments personally---no apology necessary.

I'm taking the entire American financial system personally. I will never get an apology for that.

Please explain this "corporate welfare system". Keep in mind that the US corporate tax rate is the HIGHEST in the world (neck and neck with Japan). And these high tax rates are one of the reasons that jobs are leaving the U.S. in droves.

Costa Rica more monkees than people...The Alternative Minimum Tax was levied on the 250k club..Ensuring one will never actually get wealthy. yes the trappings of wealth are there as a reult of hard work and tremendous efforts..there is no rosy outcome for the 250k club..We will all work long past our original retirement expectations..why? because we have paid the tax bill for 97% of the entire country.Our kids will attend colleges at the rate of about 50k per year while kids will sit next to them that are getting money for attending school. They will not qualify for aid or better yet for campus employment due to the crimes of their families work ethic..They will graduate and compete for jobs that they will need to be twice as good at because they are not the in ethnicity at the time..Of course we will also be sending them into a global workforce where outsourcing is vogue. Their ability to purchase homes and live the Ameircan dream is very suspect at this point due to these horrific consequences..1. Being an American...2..Being part of a household viewed as wealthy...3..not being a foreign national...4..not being the ethnicity of the month...5..having a desire to work...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:44 am 

Nancy Pelosi: last night: "We must all strive to find common ground to support the middle class, create jobs, reduce the deficit and move our nation forward." YOU DID NONE OF THIS...YOU BOTOX BOVINE VAGINA!!! Now pack your shit and get the fuck out! And take those ugly curtians with you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:20 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
I wasn't taking your comments personally---no apology necessary.

I'm taking the entire American financial system personally. I will never get an apology for that.

Please explain this "corporate welfare system". Keep in mind that the US corporate tax rate is the HIGHEST in the world (neck and neck with Japan). And these high tax rates are one of the reasons that jobs are leaving the U.S. in droves.

You're of course speaking of the Stautory Rate and not the Effective Rate. The effective tax rates for corporations is substantially lower, somewhere in the area of 22%, making it considerably lower than many European Countries. The jobs leave the country because cheap labor is easy to find and tax codes make it worth the effort to "outsource" these jobs.

Some numbers of interest.....average income of Americans in the bottom 90 percent was grew from $17,719 in 1950 to $30,941 in 1980 -- a 75 percent increase in income in constant 2008 dollars. Since 1980 , the average income of Americans in the bottom 90 percent flat-lined -- going from the $30,941 of 1980 to $31,244 in 2008. During that same time the share of income accruing to America's wealthiest 1 percent rose from 9 percent in 1974 to a tidy 23.5 percent in 2007. Incomes of the very highest earners in the United States, individuals hauling in more than $50 million annually increased fivefold from 2008 to 2009.

So my question is simple......if jobs were lost during the period when Bush's tax cuts were in effect and those at the very top increased their wealth relative to the rest of us, exactly why do they need more help?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:04 pm 

I'm just happy Nancy is going to her lose her U.S.A.F. chauffeurs. Those whiskey, champagne, and in-flight lobster tabs going back and forth to California on my dime were pi$$ing me off as well. I despise that woman and those botox shots never helped.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm 

Quote:
A company's effective tax rate is its worldwide tax expense divided by its worldwide income before tax. It is a measure of its global taxes. It is not germane to comparing tax rates of different jurisdictions. The proper comparison is statutory tax rates.The US statutory tax rate is highest in the world. (BTW__I do this for a living for company's in the Fortune 1000---I'm pretty sure I have it right.)

Jobs leave the U.S. due to much lower wages (China, India, etc.) and much lower taxes (UK 28%, Netherlands 25%, Ireland 12.5%, Switzerland can be zero).

Of course higher paid people's income will be more volatile....they take on more risk. Go work a civil service job and of course you will only get 2% raises per annum forever. Go take a risk and start a business and you can lose 100% or make 1000%. Those that make 1000% skew the results.

Bottom line: most of us work for someone this is wealthy or sell products to someone that is wealthy. Hurt the wealthy disproportionately, you hurt everyone.

I'll stipulate that you're correct, and go in a nother direction.

What is the goal of a corporation?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I'm just happy Nancy is going to her lose her U.S.A.F. chauffeurs. Those whiskey, champagne, and in-flight lobster tabs going back and forth to California on my dime were pi$$ing me off as well. I despise that woman and those botox shots never helped.

Now it will just be a tan guy from Ohio burning up the money.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm 

TheFlagIsUp wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Now it will just be a tan guy from Ohio burning up the money.

GOOD! Better than that hag from CALI!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:37 pm 

As an Independent I cast no votes yesterday for anybody under the elephant or donkey banners.

The Repubs lost their way with the spending under Bush and then the Dems under the clueless empty-suit community organizer took it to another level.

The entitled handouts have got to stop. As a good American, an old fart, and a veteran I would hate to leave here dead with my son, wife, and grandchildren saddled with enormous debt because of bums, breeders, slackers, and millions of "undocumented workers" sucking on the public teat. And I fully expect to leave here "dead", just like everybody else does sooner or later.

How'd that "Stimulus" work out? Long Island got 300-feet of parkway on-ramp out of the deal while New York State swallowed up hundreds of millions of "scamulus" dollars to plug holes in it's "handout budgets" for both 2009 and 2010.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next