The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Goodbye Nancy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:17 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Money-making corporations are not the problem here - it's the millions upon millions of Americans depending on Big Government to provide for them with handouts. Scope the "entitlements" inherent in your state and federal budgets. And I'm not only talking about the cash handouts to breeders on welfare - I'm talking about grants and non-profits and money pissed away to thousands of programs that do nothing to provide anything for the taxpayers. Half the people in this country that are working pay no taxes and are "entitled" to get a check back for all that is withheld and more. I see people in Escalades buying groceries with a food stamp card while my Social Security and pension are taxed to the max. My school taxes are more than my mortgage payments were but I have to educate illegals and bums and the spawn that the baby mamas drop with great regularity on my dime.

I've never denied that there are serious problems with entitlement spending. 48 million people on medicaid is a serious problem. But what is the solution? I get why folks are lathered up over this and I can tell you for a fact that no one interfaces with the population and the system more that me. I see it everyday and it's even worse that you think.

But what is the solution? What is it you would suggest we do? What would the people you voted for suggest we do?

Not to mention that it is a seperate issue from the fact that was presented in the numbers I cited in an earlier post. Or don't you believe that a dramatic shift in the concentration of wealth at the top is a problem? Maybe we just disagree. I have nothing against corporations making money and creating wealth. I have a problem with policies that promote the concentration of wealth, i.e regressive taxation.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:10 pm 

My 1947 home is paid off. It cost $37,250 in 1978 and I didn't need a lot of money as a veteran for the down payment. No, the government didn't give me a goddamned dime - all it did was guarantee $17,500 of my mortgage to my lender in case I ran off to join the circus or dropped dead or went on an extended drunk and stopped making payments. If anything like that happened the U.S. was going to grab my home and sell it. That was my due as a war veteran on the G.I. Bill at that time. I did none of those things while I humped and hustled two and three jobs to make the mortgage payments. My wife has been hauling ass with honest labor down on Wall Street for more than 30 years and she started out as a $109/week margin clerk as a young lady at 19.

I did not join Uniondale's "white flight" in the early 1980's. The bride and I stayed the course and saw our home value increase by leaps and bounds during the 80s and 90s until the bubble popped on real estate. We still improve upon the paid-off house. It is not a "piggy bank" for loans, it is the thing that keeps the rain of our asses while we sleep. But it's value never mattered, it's our home.

Our taxes are huge to support the bums, slackers, and illegals but my wife, Mrs. Moneybucks, tells me we can afford them and that she has no intention to leave New York. I'm a lucky guy for having worked for several decades full-time starting as a 17-year-old G.I. I love my home despite despising the onerous taxes that supports a lot of people I would love to shoot after busting my ass for 40 years.

The American people cannot do Big Government forever - it's just not affordable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 pm 

Cut taxes...now that is a joke....

Exactly, where are these tax cuts coming from?

Two wars going on that cost billions a day...and accomplished NOTHING. Where is Bin laden?
Terrorists trying to kill us along with a multi-billion dollar Homeland Security "budget"

Unemployment by formerly middle class families is rampant along with the SHRINKING TAXABLE BASE of people. 20 million people lost homes in last 5 years.

Not one politician has specifically stated WHERE these tax cuts are going to come from.

Jobs...now that is the REAL joke. NOT one politician will tell the truth...THERE ARE NO JOBS
for the middle class...they all went to India, China, Sri Lanka, etc.

Anyone know people looking for "jobs"?
Every menial job has hundreds if not thousands of applicants. Forget about "corporate" jobs. The only decent paying jobs for the "educated, unemployed is on WS...they have alot of taxpayer cash...enough to pay tens of millions in taxpayer funded bonuses.

Heavy manufacturing... left in the 70's and 80's....that was the beginning of the end for the "middle class"

People have anmesia...forget that after 8 years the Bush admin got us to where we are now.

Did Obama do a good job? NO.
But Obama did stop the banks from going under along with EVERY PENSION FUND IN THE US..

The American people are stupid sheep.
They wallow in the fake belief that " things" will be better now...jobs will "miraculously appear".
My favorite slogan is "gov't doesn't create jobs...that is a joke ...all these Tea Party people come from states where the US gov't employs 20,000...30,000 people. I think the gov't should fire 50% of the people they employ and then see where we are.

The US will NEVER recover from this latest depression. This is going to be life in the US for the next 50 years.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
The solution is to cut taxes and cut government spend. Business will be created to fill the void left by the government spend, and these businesses will be funded by the tax cuts. When new businesses are created, a multiplier effect goes into play, and existing businesses grow due to the new businesses. Economy grows, jobs are created, etc.

No politician will ever support this, as it is political suicide.

Actually the equivalent to the political atomic bomb would be the elimination of the IRS...and a flat tax for all. No way around it. SO when Pole is on line dropping off empties the dude in the Escalade shopping off food stamps will have a common concern..He would have paid a flat 20% tax on his vehicle. When my landscaper nails me for 300.00 cash for a winter clean up..money that I have been given as a net amount of my gross wages...he will go to Home Depot to buy a new blower or three and pay a flat tax on his purchase..We will all than be held accountable for our excesses and our spending. Why is this so hard to understand????

The pimp and the dope dealer who make a mockery out of the "system" will have to pay tax on their lifestyle..Even the immigrant who lives 10 to a room that wants a car will have to pony up the tax to buy it...I am so freaking tired of paying for everyone and having nothing left for my own.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm 

He was fun to watch and I didn't vote for him years ago but with his charts and pencil on TV I will always remember what Ross Perot said:

"That large 'sucking' sound you will hear is American jobs leaving this country."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:50 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
He was fun to watch and I didn't vote for him years ago but with his charts and pencil on TV I will always remember what Ross Perot said:

"That large 'sucking' sound you will hear is American jobs leaving this country."

MY point. :mrgreen:

This argument that tax breaks will create new business is pure bs.

The last 50 years, the US economy expanded at an unprecented rate.
Solid jobs for any American who wanted to work....until corporations found they could make more money for "shareholders" and moved US manufacturing jobs out of the US.
Shareholders means the CEO and top execs who have stock options to buy company stock for "pennies on the dollar".

Corporations RARELY pay the same tax rate as individuals....Corps have been getting tax breaks for "decades"...and they still moved 90% of any job they could to third world countries.

All an illusion. We are DONE. Doesn't matter who is in Congress ...just BS the masses and continue business as usual.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 pm 

Great stuff. Home Depot founder on CNBC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXXevctBRKY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gOrThUypY&feature=player_embedded

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:28 pm 

Jay Trotter wrote:

Guy is right about Congress too.

They ALL get FREE lifetime healthcare..no deductables...no co-pays forever. If they get another job....health insurance for them and families follows. Same with pensions. Weren't even in the SS system until 80's sometime. Had own pension system.

It has been that way forever....including under Dems and Rep... Bush, Clinton, Obama
Why do Candidates spend tens of millions to get to Congress and once they get there, their main job is staying there. Nothing changes.

But we are supposed to believe these Tea Party people are "different"? Hardly. Carl Rove funded the multi-million dollar campaigns of these Tea Party people...the same Rove who along with Bush drove the country into a ditch and jumped out of the wreck.

Sheep...Americans are stupid sheep...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:48 pm 

No member of the House or Senate or the President or his family will catch Obamacare. The Kenyan Commie even mentioned that as an aside in an interview.

As a 17-year-old Marine recruit in November of 1965 I caught the best medical care on this planet for free while making $89 a month. Navy doctors and dentists (some young, some career) went all-out-nuts to treat sailors and Marines with great care and compassion. I was never treated by Air Force or Army medical personnel during my four years as a regular in the Marine Corps and to this day in 2010 the Marines have no medical people - Marines are riflemen and even our pilots and cooks and clerks are trained to be on the line with a rifle. The Geneva Convention from prior to WWII stipulated that no medics could bear arms. Our medics in the field are U.S. Navy and are pharmacist mates but they wear the Marine uniform and all are allowed to wear the eagle, globe, and anchor. No better people have ever lived. No Marine will ever go anywhere without being trained as a rifleman.

But I rant. Were I in hurt or in need, Army or Air Force medical people would swoop me up like bees on a flower. There are no uniforms when you are in trouble as an American G.I.

My three cats are going into Obamacare as dependents with no jobs and no work experience shortly. The older cat, Mister Mittens, has no husband and has produced 4 children out of wedlock. She feels OK though - she figures that the handouts will keep coming for her lifetime and that the handouts will continue for the kittens. She's thinking as if she was human during President Johnson's "Great Society" in 1965!! Everything is free if you just lay back and breed!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:17 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
No member of the House or Senate or the President or his family will catch Obamacare. The Kenyan Commie even mentioned that as an aside in an interview.

As a 17-year-old Marine recruit in November of 1965 I caught the best medical care on this planet for free while making $89 a month. Navy doctors and dentists (some young, some career) went all-out-nuts to treat sailors and Marines with great care and compassion. I was never treated by Air Force or Army medical personnel during my four years as a regular in the Marine Corps and to this day in 2010 the Marines have no medical people - Marines are riflemen and even our pilots and cooks and clerks are trained to be on the line with a rifle. The Geneva Convention from prior to WWII stipulated that no medics could bear arms. Our medics in the field are U.S. Navy and are pharmacist mates but they wear the Marine uniform and all are allowed to wear the eagle, globe, and anchor. No better people have ever lived. No Marine will ever go anywhere without being trained as a rifleman.

But I rant. Were I in hurt or in need, Army or Air Force medical people would swoop me up like bees on a flower. There are no uniforms when you are in trouble as an American G.I.

My three cats are going into Obamacare as dependents with no jobs and no work experience shortly. The older cat, Mister Mittens, has no husband and has produced 4 children out of wedlock. She feels OK though - she figures that the handouts will keep coming for her lifetime and that the handouts will continue for the kittens. She's thinking as if she was human during President Johnson's "Great Society" in 1965!! Everything is free if you just lay back and breed!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good one.

You could probably pass off the Mittens family as "medicaid dependents"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next