The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cat Communications
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:36 pm 

The cats at my house are clean wonderful animals.

They like to be fed but cats are "grazers". They eat and go away. When they come back to eat again they won't eat stuff that's laying stale in their feed dishes. I suppose that's why cat food comes in small portions. They like to be be petted and touched by humans but only when they find it convenient. The two younger ones here respect their mother and she hasn't turned two yet. They will only playfight with Mister Mittens when she initiates the action.

Yeah, cats can make it seem like they don't give a quick wet &%^$ about YOU and it makes you wonder as a former dog owner but cats can fool you.

Sometimes you will wake up in the morning before dawn (like I always do) and a cat will be sitting next to you in bed and staring into your eyes intently (Mister Mittens). You have no idea how long the cat has been there. You never heard her get there and you never felt her jumping into your bed (you'll never hear a cat move around unless he/she wants you to). The cat has not attacked you with claws or teeth. The cat is gentle and quiet. You pet the cat. The cat will maybe headbutt you gently and lick your hand a few times. The cat will maybe engage your forearm with a soft padded paw in a gentle stroke (claws in) as a sign of love.

Do not be fooled - the mother cat is telling you to get your fat lazy ass out of bed and start laying out some breakfast. Her kittens will be beside your bed staring at you as you climb out of bed. When you go downstairs to take a leak the cats will try to come into the bathroom with you so that YOU know that your pre-dawn priorities are all wrong.

As you pick up the cats' feed dishes in the kitchen and wash them thoroughly at the sink the cats will surround you and rub against your feet, ankles, and lower legs with friendship, love, and joy. As you open packets and cans of cat food the cats will mew with joy and express their love for you by jumping up and down with maybe their backs arched and tails up. They mew in orgasmic splendor when the food goes down.

They won't eat much and then they walk away to find someplace to catch up on their sleep. They don't say "thank you". You will stand there in your drawers wondering why you love the bastards because they don't give a &%$* about you at that point in time. They are cats. They are fed. They don't have to play a human for a sucker anymore.

People make pets out of dogs. Cats make a decision to camp with humans. Mister Mittens was a feral street cat and accepted food and companionship from my son last year - it was her decision. John did not chase her down the street to bring her into the house for food and warmth.

Like I've said in other posts - cats are fascinating creatures.

Post subject: Re: Cat Communications
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:28 pm 

The wife went food shopping today and other shopping - like for catnip and cat toys and other stuff that cats love.

The cats know where we store stuff - they know the cat food cabinet.

The cats sat in the kitchen while the wife unloaded and stored the groceries.

When the bride loaded up the cat food cabinet they jumped for joy.

When she fed them Alaskan King Crab and Whitefish with Tuna Gravy this evening they squealed with joy. They have surrounded her on the couch this evening.

The cats also know that the bride sleeps in on weekends.

I will be the sad sack of the shit that they will be pawing and head-butting before dawn in the morning for breakfast.