The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cats & Milk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:13 pm 

It is NOT true that cats and milk get along well together.

If you lay out a bowl of milk my three cats will often sniff at it and walk away with their noses and tails in the air. The attitude is like, "We don't drink this garbage."

This morning when I finished my Cheerios I laid out some milk in my cereal bowl. Mister Mittens refused to drink any but Trouble and Shiloh lapped it all up happily.

And now this afternoon the Momcat is sleeping on the love seat in the living room and Trouble is crashed out on my wife's bed.

Sweet little Shiloh is missing and no doubt laid away somewhere in the house because she refuses to be near any cats or humans. When cats want to disappear in your house they do just that.

When somebody can explain cats to me, please drop me a line. Thank you for listening.

Post subject: Re: Cats & Milk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:28 pm 

I found Shiloh at 5:18 p.m. She's in my wife's bed with her brother. Neither my son or I know how she got there or where she came from or where in the house she has been all afternoon.

Cats can move around and if they don't want you to know about it you will never know that they were there. Sometimes you will be watching TV on a recliner sober and you will catch a gentle paw to the back of your head and a "mew". It's a cat and you will have no idea how the godaamn thing got there without making a sound. But you know it wants to eat.

Jeez, I love those cat things.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm 

Be careful with recliners. Cats often nap underneath them and no one know they are there until the recliner is straightened out....

...a friend's cat was accidently strangled when the recliner's bar crushed the cat's neck when the recliner was straightened to the sitting position. No one knew the cat was sleeping under there.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 pm 

I'm aware of that Wooley. And yes, I have had kittens under the recliner. I don't move that thing unless I know where the cats are.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:55 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, Wooley. I read about recliners in my "cat care books" and I never move mine without knowing where the cats are.

Forget the arguments about NY breds - since you are a cat lover I'm thinking about taking some buses to your home and standing out front with my .45 pistol just to make sure you remain safe until I get arrested again. That should take about three minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Wooley. I read about recliners in my "cat care books" and I never move mine without knowing where the cats are.

Forget the arguments about NY breds - since you are a cat lover I'm thinking about taking some buses to your home and standing out front with my .45 pistol just to make sure you remain safe until I get arrested again. That should take about three minutes.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: