The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Black Friday
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:47 pm 

maybe it's me, but I don't get it. What could possibly be important enough to spend 10 hours in line just for the chance to buy? Seeing pictures of people queued up at 1:oo am infront of ToysRUs, Walmart, Best Buy just makes me think we have really drifted as a nation.

Post subject: Re: Black Friday
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:33 pm 

:roll: It's all about the meaning of Christmas.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:59 am 

How can you be so unamerican? Whats wrong with cutting your Thanksgiving holiday short, going to bed early, getting up at midnight, going out in the cold dark night hoping to get first dibs on a tv that you don't need at a bargain price, then giving the money you saved to the Doctor because you have pneumonia from being out on black friday? :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 am 

I haven't ever known anything, not for anyone or for myself, that I wanted or needed this badly. I truly cannot imagine standing, sitting, sleeping . . . whatever . . . outside a store all night with 500+ other fools to be let in a door at some God awful hour only to get trampled or mowed down by a shopping cart guided by--one of the fools I was among. No amount of money I could save would be worth this. No way.

While I'm complaining so early, I have to add--those Target commercials that are currently airing for their sales--the ones with the woman in the red jogging suit and the heels--someone needs to kill her. And the ad company. Lord help me if they air until Christmas. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:01 am 

Hate to say this but the Black Friday crowd is noticeably pedestrian many with kids in strollers and others running around unattended..The majority have sacks of fast food and a glaze in their eyes..A couple of years back the opening of a store on LI resulted in a security guard being trampled to death..Gotta to think most voted for the Messiah and many cannot wait to get their hands on the 3.00 toasters at Walmart.They know the store well the layout the front grabs and the personnel..some probably sleep there on the heat grates out front. Yup the idea of Black Friday is really grabbing hold and now we have small business Sayurday..HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:35 am 

No need to go to Pamplona with these people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dIBL4tYQPI