The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Green Friday @ Killingly Glass
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm 

Friday started out slow and I intended to send my helper home early. Then about 9:30 I received a call from the Chucky's location in Ledyard CT. They had a break-in and needed a doorlite replaced, pronto. While putting in their doorlite, Channel 8 Action News ABC arrived to film the damage. They said it was a "smash and grab" news story and we were shown fixing the door. Cost for the doorlite $650.

Just as we were finishing, I received another call from the Chucky's main office in Hartford. Go to their Lisbon location, an automobile just drove thru the storefront windows, causing the closing of their Dunkin Donuts francise there. (I originally put the storefront in 12 years ago so I knew the lay-out.) Knocked out were three butt glazed windows 56" x 114" bronze tempered 1/2" thick. There was an opening 16' x 9.5' that had to be plywooded up so the station could reopen. There's a Home Depot across the street so I bought the materials necessary and 2 hours later had the missing front enclosed. Estimated cost, when I'm done replacing the 3 windows, which will be one days work, about $5,500. plus tax. Glad I didn't send my assistant home Friday. :D

Post subject: Re: Green Friday @ Killingly Glass
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:22 pm 

Nice work, John. I am thrilled to know that there are still Americans that can build or fix something without 50 government workers meeting to study it's impact upon the community and environment on my dime.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Nice work, John. I am thrilled to know that there are still Americans that can build or fix something without 50 government workers meeting to study it's impact upon the community and environment on my dime.

Thank you Larry, although its been 27 years since I opened my own shop, it seems like only yesterday.

You know government won't change, unless we vote the bums out, so why let it bother you so much. They'll be there long after you and I are gone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 pm 

Jack wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Thank you Larry, although its been 27 years since I opened my own shop, it seems like only yesterday.

You know government won't change, unless we vote the bums out, so why let it bother you so much. They'll be there long after you and I are gone.

Bothers us cause the ass holes who dont pay tax's get to vote.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:07 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Jack wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Bothers us cause the ass holes who dont pay tax's get to vote.

O'K, let me see if I can sort this out, You hate the government in Washington, you hate the law makers in Albany, you really hate NYRA, you hate the "Van Scamers who breed in other states then foal in NY and you hate people who don't pay tax's, but get to vote. Have I got that right and did I miss anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 am 

That wasn't my post. I don't hate anybody.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:24 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
That wasn't my post. I don't hate anybody.

Larry, I know it wasn't. You "dislike" Van Scammers though. :lol: