The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Football in Chicago Today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:29 pm 

Weather is terrible eveywhere in the heartland today, but 60 mph winds and snow probably will effect the Bears/Patriot game dramaticly. Either the ball will drop within 5 ft or blow clear across Soldier Field and into the parking lot. Getting good footing will be difficult, if not impossible. Two good teams playing in bad conditions will make for an exciting game. The team that handles it the best will most likely win. Kick-off time appox. 4:15PM Eastern Savings Time.

Post subject: Re: Football in Chicago Today
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm 

:roll: If Chicago wins on its home field and if the Jets win - and that's a big "if" - the Jets and Patriots will be tied again in their division.

Willing to give the Jets a pass for last outing....every good team has one or two horrid games, but what makes the Jets good is that they have generally overcome horrendous coaching.
Schottenheimer is the least decisive offensive coordinator in the NFL; the guy cannot commit to a plan. Rex Ryan is inspirational and a good motivator, but that only gets you so far. He has a long way to go to becoming a good coach. He talks and talks a good spiel about 'ground and pound', but not only do they not play ground and pound, they have displayed little faith in it.
Early stages of the today's game against the Dolphins have Schottenheimer once again exposing his rattled, young QB to the passing game, when the conditions call for ground and pound. Sanchez already has two turnovers in the first quarter and that's not how you restore confidence.

Jets are the worst coached team in the NFL. Players will have to win for themselves.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm 

rocketrobert wrote:
:roll: If Chicago wins on its home field and if the Jets win - and that's a big "if" - the Jets and Patriots will be tied again in their division.

Sorry rocket, Chicago lost "big time" and the Jets fell to the lowly 6-6 team, the Dolphins. At Home yet! Looks like the Jets are about to implode. If they can't win at home against a team like Miami, they certainly can't get into the play-off's. (In my opinion)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:29 pm 

Jack wrote:
If they can't win at home against a team like Miami, they certainly can't get into the play-off's. (In my opinion)

I'm not a Jet's fan, and I'm pretty sure that the Pats sucked the life out of the Jets (9-4) last Monday, but under what scenario do you see any of the following teams getting to the playoffs (assuming the Ravens make it in):

Dolphins (7-6)
Colts (7-6)
Chargers (7-6)
Raiders (6-7)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:34 pm 

Jay, I can't answer that senerio, at least not tonight. Maybe someone else will chime in with more insite as to who can and who can't, according to who won and who might win ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:06 am 

I wasn't implying the teams were mathmatically eliminated, although maybe Oakland is. Do you really see any of the other 3 getting past the Jets in the 3 weeks left.