The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Off to GA for 2 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:44 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I liked being in the bush alone, I like making plays alone. I like dancing on the lawn in a thong alone.

Hey', I saw an episode of COPS where they had to tazer the guy dancing almost naked. He kept running in and out of the bushes too! :o It was the Uniondale Police Department Vice Squad :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Off to GA for 2 weeks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 pm 

I was coming back from Potter's today sober as a judge at 11:45AM and saw a huge caucasion mummy with many tattoos in a t-shirt with the straps and a plastic bag parked at my bus stop. The bag held his wordly belongings. The man was 20 years younger than me and raised my hackles big time. He was a big one and I didn't like his looks. It was drizzling. As I was walking to the stop I saw the guy hustle a young black couple for change. They gave him something. I roll up on foot and was asked for a cigarette. I didn't have any, I left them home. This guy tells me he just got out of the county lockup on Carman Avenue and needed to get on the bus with no fare. My Metrocard had just one fare on it and I asked him how much he was short (I had some change in my pocket). He said, "*^&$ it, I'll con my way aboard."

The bus shows up and I pay my fare. He gives the black lady bus driver a song and a dance and she lets him skate. One stop before I get off to snag a 12-pack and walk home a black guy with grey hair gets on the bus with no money and she lets him ride for free.

I'm thinking then that I was born 40 or 50 years too early. If I was a young lefty Lib Obamatron I could probably get everything I needed for free just by laying down and not working two and three jobs for 40 years. I wouldn't get beat by nightsticks as a kid for trying to beat a 15-cent subway fare. I could have skated if only I knew how to put my hand out.

On the privately owned Semke bus out of Hempstead when I was a kid you got tossed from the bus if you couldn't pay. The 'government' didn't run the buses then. Guys hustling for a buck did.

Still want Obamacare when your ass or leg hurts?