The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: New York Mets beat Boston Again
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:08 pm 

2 outs one one. Top of the 9th. Papelbon on the mound, Santos hits a 2 run homer. Putz saves the game with GREAT defense. The Sports Pope Francessa on WFAN said the Mets would be lucky to win one game at Fenway. They are one win away from a sweep.

Post subject: Re: New York Mets beat Boston Again
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:30 pm 

Screw Fatso. And i like listening to him but he is so full of himself and had such open contempt for anyone who doesn't share his opinions.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:34 pm 

Not too Worry PUB , Us Bosox fans know that when October Rolls Around your Mets Will Choke like they are locked in a Garage with the Car Running and The Bosox will Be in a Fight for the Series.

Did you see the Game . They umps had to Review a Play and called it a Home Run with 2 Outs in the ninth , Santos was in Shock that He Hit the Ball .

There are Days that its Better to be Lucky than Good , That was The Mets Today . The Only Sweeping you will see this Year in NY is the Sweeping the Yanks have already taken twice at the hands of the Sox with More to Come.

Francessa is usually pretty Sharp on his calls but even the best sometimes Blow It .

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:36 pm 

Sorry Yorks, he wasn't it shock, he smoked that ball. Papelbi*ch won't b doing the river dance tonight. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:48 pm 

bigbird914 wrote:
Screw Fatso. And i like listening to him but he is so full of himself and had such open contempt for anyone who doesn't share his opinions.

The Sports Pope is wrong most of the time. I listen to Boomer on the ride to the train so when I get back in the car in the afternoon Francesa is on

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:02 am 

bigbird914 wrote:
Sorry Yorks, he wasn't it shock, he smoked that ball. Papelbi*ch won't b doing the river dance tonight. :lol: :lol:

First time in a Year No Riverdance

Hows Mariano doing in that Regards ???

Gonna be a Good Fight . Honestly Beckett looked Better Tonight And Paplebon was Smoking Them in . I'm not too Worried .

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:57 am 

I love baseball and saw my first game at Ebbets Field in 1953 as a little boy.

I'm happy that the Mets won but baseballs used to be hit into the stands or into the upper deck or over the fence or over the roof when I was I young fellow.

What's with the "yellow line" at Fenway? That ball hit the top of the wall and should have been in play.

One time I saw Ralph Kiner hit a shot for Pittsburgh off the facade off the top of the facade in left field at Ebbets Field. The ball came back into short left and Brooklyn shortstop Pee Wee Reese picked it up and ran it up to his pitcher, Clem Labine. The umps did not throw out a lot of balls then.

Pee Wee told Clem, "Relax. Kiner won't be around for another couple of innings."

Ralph Kiner hit some baseballs that a lot of baseball fans still wonder about. Many years ago I was watching a Met game from Chicago at Wrigley Field and the annoucer (I forget who) was wondering if anybody had ever hit the scoreboard behind the center field bleachers on the fly.

Kiner: "It's been done once."

Announcer: "That ball is a 500-foot shot if the scoreboard stops it. Who did it?"

Kiner: "Me."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:41 am 

Boston is a pathetic team with pathetic fans. I hate the SUX almost as much as the Phills, Braves, and Yankmees.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 pm 

The ball was clearly over the wall larry. the line signifies the top of the moster. If the seats hadn't been put in, that ball is outta here.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:38 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Boston is a pathetic team with pathetic fans. I hate the SUX almost as much as the Phills, Braves, and Yankmees.

As much as I share your dislike for our northern neighbors, Boston is a great town with rabid fans who are passionate about their teams. It's what makes the rivalry great between Beantown & New Yawk. Today most fans seem to have lost "perspective" that the games are for "fun". With the explosion of so many media outlets and constant scrutiny of the games it has led to misplaced significance as to the importance of athletes and sports. You'd swear with all the coverage we are witnessing major tactical campaigns to capture prized lands or resources in a holy grail quest. It's insane.