The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: mets and Yankee tix for sale
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:35 am 

as the Spa winds down in conjunction with the baseball season winding down I have several sets of tix for sale involving the 2 NY teams..Anyone interested in 4 Met or 2 Yankee simply PM me...both locations are great the Mets come with parking although parking should not be an issue with the way they are playing right this moment.

Post subject: Re: mets and Yankee tix for sale
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:51 am 

I can't even put my TV on to watch a Met game and I haven't wanted to be at a Yankee game since 1973. While channel surfing the other day I caught Francouer hitting into that unassisted triple play live as it happened. Even at my age I always figured I had a better chance to land in the sack with three 18-year-old girls before I ever saw one of those. Jeez, at least the '62 and '63 Mets were fun to watch up at the old Polo Grounds for the buck-and-a-quarter general admission.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:12 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I can't even put my TV on to watch a Met game and I haven't wanted to be at a Yankee game since 1973. While channel surfing the other day I caught Francouer hitting into that unassisted triple play live as it happened. Even at my age I always figured I had a better chance to land in the sack with three 18-year-old girls before I ever saw one of those. Jeez, at least the '62 and '63 Mets were fun to watch up at the old Polo Grounds for the buck-and-a-quarter general admission.

So I will assume you don't need me to hold tickets for ya?

LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 pm 

Any Yanks / Red Sox . Me and Big Bird might need to go to those games together !!!!! I will bring some Cheeesetakes to Bribe FatBathia LOL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 pm 

I will never forget Ted Williams hitting a bunch over .300 in his late 30s and saying, "I can't hit anymore."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:32 pm 

Teddy Baseball was Gone before My True Fan Days Carl YAZSTREMSKI was the Man and the Monster wasn't the green Wall but a Big Ugly Long Armed Baboon looking closer named Dick Raditz.

did Catch Jimmie Piersall Climbing the flagpole to Catch a home Run Ball in dead Center

bleacher Bum seats were a Buck if you got Caught Jumping the Fence or with 10 Guys Running through and Scattering.

Much Simpler Then

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:04 pm 

One of my best baseball memories was being up in the cheap seats at Yankee Stadium out in right field (3rd deck). Cleveland was in.

Rocky Colavito hit a shot off of Al Downing that had everybody standing up just to watch the baseball fly. The ball went over the 457-foot sign in left center and landed three quarters of the way up the bleachers and almost killed nine people.

That was an amazing shot and I will never forget it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:03 am 

Hey' Lukey, you should be giving those tickets away here, not selling them. Genworth Financial (GNW) touted at $2. per share, now at $9.96 (HOLY MACKREL) !!!!! The least you and Suffolk could do is take the entire board to one game, including bus fare. Peanuts optional.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:08 am 

Jack wrote:
Hey' Lukey, you should be giving those tickets away here, not selling them. Genworth Financial (GNW) touted at $2. per share, now at $9.96 (HOLY MACKREL) !!!!! The least you and Suffolk could do is take the entire board to one game, including bus fare. Peanuts optional.

Jack GNW pays for my passion which is horses...Pretty well stocked for the coming year...bought a 2 yo colt three weeks ago who could be really special. I have to admit GNW when it broke through 10 was like a beautiful sunrise but coupled with Vonage and the rocket form 42 cents to 2.50 in 3 days I may have to take you up on a BB game...problem is you take Pole to a game he will be tossed by the bottom 3rd inning..He does not do well in field seats and standing at the rail is not an option.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 am 

I was at the Polo Grounds for a Met game when a guy leaned out the second deck for a foul ball and went over the rail into the field boxes below. The crowd booed him unmercifully for not making the catch as he was carted out on a stretcher.