The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Before Thanksgiving Cat Behavior
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:40 pm 

There is no doubt that cats are territorial and that they only live with humans with the thought that the humans are sharing THEIR territory. You can't herd them but when you start making noise or upsetting their turf they go away and try to figure out what's happening. All three today were upstairs in my disgusting man cave while the bride went nuts with cleaning and vacuuming and scrubbing and going psycho like girls do when hosting Thanksgiving for people I don't care much about (except for the grandchildren).

The momcat Mister Mittens jumps dinner upstairs:

Shiloh joins her - Sweet Babycakes only stares at your hand when you pet her. You never see her razor claws unless she stretches out of a sleep.

Meanwhile the big mummy tomcat lays out on my recliner but it's no good for him except for being on the leg deal extended with no human sitting there. This big boy races all over the house as a neutered male cat while letting out all kinds of yelps and growls and warbles. And then you can get him into bed and throw a comforter over him and rough him up and toss him around. He goes nuts with some kind of male cat screams with fangs and claws but when he gets out he wants you to bury him and rough him up again. He has never bitten or clawed anybody at my house. When Trouble was a kitten Dr. Wallach told me that Mother Nature had designed him with his camouflage coloring and size to be a brawler, hunter and competer for girls in the street.

We just love him as a big tom with no balls with a shot to live a long time. He's truly a nice fellow.