The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Nap Contact
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 am 

Cats are weird and only get weirder as you study their behavior up close. The tom sprawls out while his little sister Shiloh nuzzles into her sleeping mother's gut. I don't think the momcat Mister Mittens is producing any milk this year.

Post subject: Re: Nap Contact
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 pm 

That pic has to go in the "best of the Mittens family" album

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 pm 

Shiloh, aka Sweet Babycakes, has to be the nicest girl cat on the planet, BL. She is so gentle and so happy to be alive. Sometimes she runs up and down stairs and then jumps in the air just happy to be alive. She was the runt with three larger brothers in the litter but she was always fighting for a nipple and mostly catching a bad deal as her mother is small.

But the momcat Mister Mittens would often put her male kittens to sleep with milk and then go grab her daughter by the scruff and nurse her as a solo.

Last year when Sweet Babycakes was spayed Dr. Wallach told the bride and I that she was small but that a team of three (including a DVM anesthesiologist) would have her under the best care possible. When she came home she went nuts to be in familiar surroundings and to be with her brother and mother.

Yeah, we paid for proper cat care but these wonderful animals have a great shot to live long happy lives.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:49 pm 

I'm in...love :mrgreen:

Whenever I want a "happy dose", I go to the pics of the Mittens' family...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 pm 

Jeez, Wooley, I caught a "dose" as a young Marine and it took two Navy doctors, massive doses of antibiotics and ten days before I could pee without screaming.

Never stop laughing and never stop loving the cats. We were always dog people but it was my son John that first showed kindness to Mister Mittens when she was a street girl. Bumble Bee tuna from John and some head rubs and shoulder rubs from 1/8 Pole got her thinking about humans as OK slobs.