The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Cat From Hell - The TV Show On Animal Planet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 pm 

Yes, APL is a channel I get on the Dish. Sometimes the show The Cat From Hell shows up and a nice strange man by the name of Jackson Galaxy shows up to help people with a cat that is behaving badly.

A young couple takes in a pretty young adult feral female cat. The cat will eat and sleep OK but she's a terror with tooth and claw when anybody goes near her. And out of the litterbox she's spraying up against walls to attract males.

First deal is that she gets spayed - she is not a mother with kittens so it's a tough pull to gather her up and get her fixed but once done it's just a matter of time to set her up with perches and toys and places to "build forts" and lay out and go gallop in the house. Over time the young couple go well with the cat and things go along just ducky. Jeez, I wasn't that dumb as a new cat owner.

Mister Mittens was feral but my son got hold of her and fed her. Cans of Bumble Bee tuna. She would come back looking for food and one day she was very hungry and 1/8 Pole wasn't home and I was outside and she came up to me. I reached down to pet her and she let me. I fed her. One time my son brought her into the downstairs saloon and turned her loose with about a dozen people there scoping the races and a ballgame and she was just fine as she got fed before being returned to the street.

Our feral girl Mister Mittens had some human contact.

Young preggers with handout Bumble Bee:

Mister Mittens could go over a fence like a bullet. Here she is eating with a belly full of kittens as a street cat and yet she is tensed up and ready to go fly at a moment's notice of danger.

Post subject: Re: The Cat From Hell - The TV Show On Animal Planet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Yes, APL is a channel I get on the Dish. Sometimes the show The Cat From Hell shows up and a nice strange man by the name of Jackson Galaxy shows up to help people with a cat that is behaving badly.

A young couple takes in a pretty young adult feral female cat. The cat will eat and sleep OK but she's a terror with tooth and claw when anybody goes near her. And out of the litterbox she's spraying up against walls to attract males.

First deal is that she gets spayed - she is not a mother with kittens so it's a tough pull to gather her up and get her fixed but once done it's just a matter of time to set her up with perches and toys and places to "build forts" and lay out and go gallop in the house. Over time the young couple go well with the cat and things go along just ducky. Jeez, I wasn't that dumb as a new cat owner.

Mister Mittens was feral but my son got hold of her and fed her. Cans of Bumble Bee tuna. She would come back looking for food and one day she was very hungry and 1/8 Pole wasn't home and I was outside and she came up to me. I reached down to pet her and she let me. I fed her. One time my son brought her into the downstairs saloon and turned her loose with about a dozen people there scoping the races and a ballgame and she was just fine as she got fed before being returned to the street.

Our feral girl Mister Mittens had some human contact.

Young preggers with handout Bumble Bee:

Mister Mittens could go over a fence like a bullet. Here she is eating with a belly full of kittens as a street cat and yet she is tensed up and ready to go fly at a moment's notice of danger.

Who "vacuums" the driveway! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: The Cat From Hell - The TV Show On Animal Planet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 pm 

That was 1/8 Pole playing with a power washer.