The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Little Girl 'Sweet Babycakes' Born As Shiloh
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 am 

As the runt of the litter competing for a nipple into a small mother with three large brothers this little girl had no shot to survive as a street cat. Once inside the house the momcat noticed what was going on. Shiloh would fight and maybe grab the last nipple on Mom's lower belly and even then her brothers would be scrambling and knock her away. But even as a newborn the little runt girl cat was all fired up to live and she never stopped fighting for milk. Sometimes, after her brothers were fed and napping her mother would snatch her by the back of her neck and drag her off and flop just to pull her tiny daughter into some milk so that the runt could have a chance for life.

Two males were adopted while Mom and the biggest male Trouble stayed here. The runt girl was on her way to a kill shelter or the North Shore Animal League as the bride and I figured that two cats were enough. The North Shore Animal League did not get back to me in a hurry and the third cat here that nobody wanted had to go. Shiloh was on her way to a kill shelter and would be put down if she didn't get adopted within a few days. I wanted to keep the little girl cat

Bride: "Three cats, Larry? We don't know a lot about cats. Three? We're in deep with two."

Dopey Larry: "I can take her outside and cut her throat and bury her next to the tomato plants. She's tiny and I can be back in the house in maybe ten or fifteen minutes."

Bride: "She was in my lap last night and was purring when I rubbed her shoulders and her tiny head. Her eyes were closed."

Dopey Larry: "Well, she won't be purring when the Town of Hempstead puts her down and sends her to the landfill."

Bride: "OK, she can stay and we'll see what happens. She's such a pretty cat."

Dopey Larry jumps for joy without jumping. No way I was getting rid of the little girl runt love fluff.

I snagged this photo of Sweet Babycakes in my wife's bed tonight. That little girl cat is the sweetest most gentle animal I have ever run into through more than six decades of life. Her claws never come out (and she's got them) and she's just the nicest girl I have ever met:

Post subject: Re: The Little Girl 'Sweet Babycakes' Born As Shiloh
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 pm 

Such a :D sweety. Her personality shines through in her pics

Post subject: Re: The Little Girl 'Sweet Babycakes' Born As Shiloh
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:55 am 

Wooley, the Sweet Babycakes is a joy to be near. When she is laid out and you pet her she'll stretch and lay out a lot of razor claws before going back to sleep. She goes up and down stairs faster than the human eye can track and will rub against you with her tail in the air while looking for a belly rub or a fast back rub. When you get done with the rubs she gallops off to do whatever happy house cats do.

Yup, we're thrilled that the little girl runt is still here.