The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Bathroom Shots
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 pm 

I was asked to post some crapper pix.

We live in a 1947 Cape Cod that was built for a WWII vet on the cheap. That man put in the "doggie dormers" and finished the basement and upstairs a bit. The bride and I bought the house in 1978 on a wing and a prayer and have made improvements upon it ever since.

The teenaged bride that I have had for 39 years off the streets of New York is not leaving the "changed" neighborhood and I'm OK with that. I first saw life in Flatbush, Brooklyn and grew up in Hempstead on Long Island and I understand the "white flight". I also understand a good girl's love for her house after growing up in a jammed city apartment with a brother and two sisters with not enough bedrooms.

The "master bathroom" from 1947 is not large - two guys in a street fight would have trouble maneuvering but the bride wanted it better. It was last redone in 1986 and within the past few years I installed a new vanity, a new medecine cabinet and painted over the 1986 paneling more than once. I laid in new plumbing for the shower and tub while praying I wouldn't flood the neighborhood. No good for 2012.

This crapper is doing a $12K makeover with marble tiling and a granite vanity. The tub is gone and an enormous shower under bright lights is taking it's place. The toilet is going to have hands come out to clean your muffin and caboose while taking an order for drinks.

The tom has lost one of his favorite perches this week.

Wifey Squealy enormous shower floor to be (like standing in bathtub is a bad deal):

The granite-topped vanity is going here:

Marble tiles for big bucks are going all over these crapper walls:

Post subject: Re: Bathroom Shots
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 am 

Thanks for the pics. Look forward to see the progess in the future.