The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Feral Feline Breakfast Club
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 am 

Shiloh Junior had eaten earlier and in this shot we see her perched on the garage roof while White Leg dines. She scampers up an old wooden fence post, steps out to the top of the new fence, then leaps to the garage before walking up the slope of the roof and then down to the other side. It is now common for these two to be out on the deck shortly after dawn. They sit patiently (as only cats can) and stare at the house, waiting for me to appear with food. And I don't disappoint.

Post subject: Re: The Feral Feline Breakfast Club
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:26 pm 

And late this afternoon my wife brought out to the deck our cats' "lunch leavings", a load of kibble and water for the feral felines.

When that girl was 16 and I first met her more than 4 decades ago I knew that she was kind to animals. Today when she pets Sweet Babycakes that little girl cat flops and squeals out for the belly rubs - I think girls have their own thing going.

Post subject: Re: The Feral Feline Breakfast Club
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 pm 

Nice pic of the "po relatives". Heaven awaits you both :mrgreen:

Went to visit sis and husband this weekend in MA.

They "adopted" a feral cat that showed-up 18 months ago in their back yard.
They live in a woodsy suburb...in MA. The little female began outside in a 2-story house with a heater on both floors, cold-frame over cat house and automatic feeding station when cat not fed indoors. Cat was very,very shy...looks like the grey cat in your pic.

Last Dec cat had an encounter with a opossum who bit her back toe badly. Make long story short...bone in foot was badly infected..cat spent 2 weeks at vet on antibiotics, and almost died.
$750 later and Kitty now lives indoors in "lap of luxury"...like your family of cats.

Neither sis or hubby were cat or animal "lovers"...but the little female they call KITTY is the now a "little princess" . Cat has both a heated bed, and basket by a window....run of the house too. They really enjoy the cat who is very, very well behaved and sweet little cat.

However, when I was there Kitty wouldn't come out of her hiding places until I sat on a particular chair the cat is attracted to. Once I was sitting there..the cat spent the next hour sitting on my lap while I pet her...and only moved when it was time for bed!

Cats are a trip! :mrgreen: