The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tough Pull Heartache
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 pm 

I call the mostly white feral Shiloh Junior because the cat is mostly white like the Sweet Babycakes. This is the cat last week up on the garage roof. I think it's a female since I saw it dive under a parked car with it's tail up once and everything under the tail from what I could see was flat.

The cat shows up every morning for food and I feed her. She's jumpy and not well. I am certain that she's full of parasites and her eyes seem to lay out a discharge that breaks my heart. With food laid down she lets me up close as I am less of a threat than hunger. I have petted this cat and she has never flashed a claw or been aggressive.

I just wish I could grab the cat and cart her off to Dr. Wallach. The cat is young and I can afford to have her catch any care she might need - but then you understand that you have saved three and that your mission in life is not to undergo a sex change and become a cat lady with 362 cats in the house. Food and good wishes are all I can do.

Post subject: Re: Tough Pull Heartache
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:45 am 

In MA...feral cats are spayed...the ear is notched and the cat returned to "the wild"
At least, a female doesn't have to face a life of constant pregnancy, and the kittens don't have to die...which most do.

Maybe, spaying the cat via the county ASPCA/Animal shelter might be the way to go.
Then release S Jr back to her territory. At least, she has a chance to survive beyond the immediate. Cats do OK IF they can eat and not pregnant constantly.
SJr is already "street" so she will probably do well if spayed...and become your "yard buddy" .