The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wooley Has Me Wondering About Tomcats
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 pm 

He's neutered but he's still a tom. With some cleanup going on at the downstarirs saloon nobody on this planet would ever figure that the tom would go perch at the driveway window in the saloon kitchen with all the stuff on the sill. But the cat wanted to go there and the cat figured out how to leap from the floor to get there. And he's comfortable there.

Cats are indeed strange creatures.

Post subject: Re: Wooley Has Me Wondering About Tomcats
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 pm 

He is a...pip.
T can't sleep all day. He has to check out his territory. Plotting which window to use for an escape. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 pm 

When that tom is napping you can pet him and he'll stretch out with some kind of noise for joy. The extended paws and claws will make your eyes pop but he folds up for more sleep. When on his haunches like a "sphinx" you can grab a front leg and pet him all the way down to his "small pink-padded front foot".

He's a good guy and does the "flop drop" when he goes by and you pet his head or neck in passing. He'll take the back and belly rubs with his eyes closed from one of his humans but he's a different creature when staring out a window and seeing birds, squirrels and other cats. He tenses up, breathes deeply and just wants to be outside.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:59 pm 

And then there are the morning games: The tom will jump into my bed with his tail up and happy as can be. I will throw a comforter and balnket over him and "rough" him up with rubs and rolls. He'll be going nuts and trying to get out from under the covers.

Once out he'll just sit while I straighten everything out on the bed and wait for me to dump blankets over his head so he can go nuts again in the dark while being rubbed up and tossed.

Yeah, now and again cats like to play with their humans without hurting them.