The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Lots Of Bed And Overfed - Quandry, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am 

I lay out great food for the three house cats side by side. The tom Trouble sniffs, might catch a bite, licks some gravy and goes away. He eats when he's hungry and every few days he will gobble well. He skips meals. His little sister Shiloh eats well but she's been seen licking gravy and and then scooting off for a nap.

The momcat Mister Mittens? This slim pregnant kitten is now 5 years of age and enjoys food in a big way now that she's not on the street anymore. She's not nasty to her son and daughter but she will eat their food after they have had their fill and have walked away from the feed dishes.

She's young and healthy and probably has a good shot to outlive me but she's not going to do it as a blimpcat. I'm thinking of ways to slim her down without looking to grab feed dishes or locking her up for a small meal. I can't play Cat Dad the Feline Nutrition Clown every time I lay out a meal for the three house cats.

Oh, what to do?

Post subject: Re: Lots Of Bed And Overfed - Quandry, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:03 pm 

Maybe feed Mom cat separately with diet cat food and the kids with regular. You may have to watch Mr Mittens' while she eats her dish and not Trouble or Shiloh's food.

Maybe remove food left in dishes even though cats are grazers so Mom cat doesn't eat it! :lol: