The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Just Loved A Lot Without The Outdoor Horrors, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:44 pm 

Yeah, there's a bigger male tom waltzing around my neighborhood. He's shorter and bulkier than the tom Trouble and maybe heavier. The cat has a larger head and wider shoulders. The coloring is very similar but when Big Grey shows up for a meal he is very docile when I bring him food. I have noticed that his back left is injured and that when I pet him he takes no offense. I've been feeding him all winter and he understands that I mean him no harm. He also understands that I'm not a male cat competing with him for females.

I understand that the kitten Trouble born next to my front stoop in 2010 was designed by Mother Nature to mature and go fight males to pass on his genes if he was good enough to survive. I also know that I stopped that action by having him neutered and making a house cat out of him. Selfish on my part? For taking in a "pet" cat and busting up Mom Nature's plans for him? I don't know.

He's a nice fellow and should live a long time without doing what his only purpose was - live, hunt and breed. When this cat was a kitten underneath his tail looked like two planets crashing in to one another.

Tonight? He's just a well-fed happy and huge cat that loves the people that share his territory. I took this photo after I rubbed him, petted him and brushed him. And yes, he ate well today. And yes, he goes all happy when my wife comes home from work. Trouble is no trouble.