The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: After Wednesday's Nightcap At Gulfstream - Cats
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:53 pm 

I laid out platters of premium wet cat food and freshened up the water bowls. And I laid out a bowl of Purina cat kibble. In the near upper right Ginger is getting into the kibble - she loves dry cat food and since she is now pregnant again I see that she gets lots of it.

At the top of the photo is Nasty Mom, Ginger's mother. That female cat is a nasty street beast with food around and has been known to hiss and swat kittens away from feed dishes when she is hungry. She doesn't live on my property anymore (although she was born here) but I do feed her when she shows up. The cats that live out back just won't take her guff now.

The crowd in the foreground? Well, after I laid out platters of wet 9Lives I laid out that huge stainless steel bowl all loaded up with cans of Bumble Bee tuna and Chicken of the Sea sardines. It costs a little bit more but the cats seem to like the tuna and sardines (both in water). The big black thing is the tom Tuxedo (he's got a white dot on his chest). He trots up to me with his tail straight up in happiness for pettings just like he is in this shot while eating.