The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: BO, The Momcat & Me On The Last Day Of March - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:21 pm 

Last night I went to my bed safe, sane and sober shortly after the NY Islanders blew their playoff chances in Philadelphia. I got under my piles of ratty blankets for some sleep and in the dark the momcat Mister Mittens jumped into my bed. She noodged the left side of my head with her face before flopping to my left and ramming her rump into my left hip. I petted her a bit while she purred herself off to sleep.

This morning I woke up in the dark at about 5:45 a.m. I woke up on my right side and there was a momcat to my right pushing her face into mine while tapping my left cheek gently with her right paw (claws in). When I made a move to get out of the bed that cat leaped over me, hit the floor and galloped downstairs to sit by her feed dish. I served breakfast for her and her 6-year-old kittens after peeing and moaning.

Before Aqueduct got going today I put my snow boots away and found an old sweatshirt in the closet that was all loaded up with BO from last summer and fall. I flung it onto my bed for the next trip I do for laundry. The momcat showed up for some afternoon sleep upon my bed. I have several grey zip-up sweatshirts but she rolled up into a ball on this one and last summer's Parfum de Stink .

The momcat can lay her ears back and hiss while flashing claws and fangs but after almost seven years in a good home off the street she understands that her human flunkies like her a little bit.

She likes the scent and stink from the guy who fed her when she was a pregnant street kitten:

Post subject: Re: BO, The Momcat & Me On The Last Day Of March - Oh Woole
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:56 pm 

She loves my cheap human flunky scent - I provide her with warm beds (cool beds during summer), sensational food, great vet care and great brushings. I scoop and freshen up her litter box several times a day. On cold winter nights I lay a blanket over her while she sleeps.

The momcat is happy to share her territory with me and lets me stay in her territory.

Post subject: Re: BO, The Momcat & Me On The Last Day Of March - Oh Woole
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:29 am 

My sis and BIL had a "pedigreed"feral stray cat they adopted. Came in at night and out all day. Met an untimely end after 5 years, Both were very, very sad.
My sis saw a pic of a "very sad cat" online. Drove to RI from MA to "adopt" the cat after they were vetted by the cat rescue who posted the pic to PetSmart.
The former owner was moving to Boston and cat not go.

My BIL never believed cats were smart...until he has had Kiki for 2 years. Now, he is convinced that Kiki is a very smart cat. He tests her all the time.
He and my sis talk and in the middle of the conversation they purposely insert cat's name, Kiki and she meows! Tells them what she wants. Like the Mom cat runs you! :P :P :P