The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner, Wooley, & Sad Face
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm 

It was a good day at Aqueduct with "house money" in the pony account and the Social Security dough had landed in the morning. I had returned the empties and gone through my wife's jacket pockets in a closet for loose change and maybe a dollar bill (she's a lefty and that's the money pocket).

I'll be out on Thursday morning for my corn muffin, loads of cat food and extra tuna and sardines but I laid out some great platters of food for the ferals on Wednesday evening.

Yeah that's gobs of expensive tuna and sardines in the stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish in the foreground but right behind it is a platter of sardines on the left and tuna on the right. Patty Catty (on the left) has taken a huge chunk of sardine out of the platter for eating. To her right is the adolescent Bosco plowing into a platter of on-sale ShopRite brand tuna packed in water all by himself. He's a smart animal - stays away from humans and works out great meals and a spot in the cat condos at night.

Off to the side on the steps? That's Sad Face the huge wild tom street creature that I know for years. He wasn't born here and he doesn't live here but he and I are acquaintances for years. I pulled him out of a snowbank when he was a kitten. I dried him off, warmed him up and fed him when he was starving. Now that he's an enormous tom he shows up for food now and again. He always lets the smaller and younger cats eat before he does. He's not starving and he snarfs up the leavings. I am the only human creature he allows to be near him and he groans when I pet him and rub his back but he has never shown a claw or a fang to me. I think he remembers that snowbank deal and a lot of meals through the years.

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner, Wooley, & Sad Face
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:51 pm 

Ah...so nice to feed the ferals...and glad to see Sad Face too...ya' going to heaven!!! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner, Wooley, & Sad Face
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:32 pm 

Tail tips up while dining is "catspeak" for peace and happiness.