The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Stooping (The Stoop) & Cousin Courtney
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:16 pm 

Well, I did that all day after bad wagers at the Wednesday card at Belmont but this post is about the front stoop.

Some years ago we had a contractor come in to build new walkways and driveway. And to help out the 1947 front stoop. We were very pleased about the results but the front stoop was encased with paving stones and good concrete but that job had a flaw - it's called freeze/thaw over a thing that was not solid. Concrete was crumbling.

Our new insurance company for the car and home promised us lower rates but demanded hand rails for the front stoop. Things can get covered with ice during winter and the teen bride wasn't floating dollars into hand rails on a stoop that was coming apart.

My goddaughter Courtney and her husband Anthony run a contracting business that does well. Courtney's mother is a first cousin to my bride and was the maid of honor at our wedding. Yadda yadda doo...

Most everybody in my family is dead but most everybody in my wife's family stays tight. Courtney sent over a crew that blew out the front stoop in its entirety down to the 1947 dirt. That's when the new stoop was built over the past several days - all brick topped off with expensive blue stone. This thing will be here long after I'm bones at the Long Island National Cemetery. Guys are coming in to install hand rails in a week or so to make the insurance carrier happy.