The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Neutered, Shaved, Treated, Pissed-Off & Returned
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:01 pm 

The gentle tom out back Tuxedo had gotten into a scrap or two with a male or two before being trapped and neutered. Fight wounds on his back and rear right leg might have become infected so he was held for an extra few days to catch antibiotics at cattrappers.org when he was released from the DVM care at the Town of Hempstead Animal Shelter.

He's gentle when free but the great people at cattrappers had a problem with Tuxedo. He needed the antibiotics and he was treated well but now and again he wanted "out" and would batter the door of his cage to get out. That action took some fur of his face and scraped his nose.

Out back now he is still the same gentle cat that was born here. I gave him some rubs and pettings this morning when I laid out lots of good food for a breakfast and again this evening when I brought out platters of premium food for a dinner.

Tuxedo's face will heal and the missing fur will grow back. The important thing is that he won't be brawling anymore or knocking up any lady cats.

He'd be a beauty walking around anybody's home but I can do no more after taking in three off the street.

Post subject: Re: Neutered, Shaved, Treated, Pissed-Off & Returned
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 am 

Tuxedo has little reason to roam...might saunter around the neighborhood, but more likely to hang close.

Tuxedo has freedom and I doubt he would be happy confined indoors. He went "panic" when he was confined in a cage. My sis and b-inlaw "adopted" a feral cat. The cat agreed to sleep inside at night...but was at the door mewing to go out first light. Cat often refused to eat indoors and preffered to dine on the deck. Never really liked being a "house cat" :roll: