The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wednesday's Chicken Dinner, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:35 pm 

No, I didn't catch one but while I was getting my ass kicked on opening day at Del Mar the teen bride was out to do some shopping. She brought home some huge cans of canned chicken for the cats (she had a coupon and carries a huge heart with her).

I had already laid out fresh water and platters of premium Friskies for the feral cats. And I had the black "kibble bowl" (lower left) full of 9Lives kibble from one of the huge sacks of dry cat food we buy for the cats.

Yup, the weather is warm and the bellies on the feral cats are plump. All of them out back are healthy and neutered but none has a shot to live a long life no matter what I do for them. On the right is Garfield. He's a sweet cat. Every time I come out of the house with food or pull into the driveway with the car he trots up to me with his tail straight up to be close to me for pettings, rubbings, ear rubs, skull scratches and hugs. He'd have been a fantastic house cat for a family.

Garfield is by one New York winter but in the lower left his mother Ginger is by two winters.

Post subject: Re: Wednesday's Chicken Dinner, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am 

They all look very well. :D

Like past winters they have the condos and you could put a small electric ceremic heater in the garage(since don't use it for car, rt/)
Cats can nest and stay warm. With food shelter and heat in freezing winter they can live a much longer life than not. How old do you think Sad Face is?
And where is HE? Was he adopted?

Post subject: Re: Wednesday's Chicken Dinner, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am 

By the looks of his teeth Sad Face is only a few years old. I haven't seen him in a few days but somebody somewhere other than me feeds and cares for him. You think he's gone and then you find him sitting on the side steps at dinner time.