The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Momcat Mister Mittens On July 31st, Wooley
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:20 pm 

This feral female cat was roaming the street in 2010 scrounging for food and having a tough go of it to survive. She got damaged and roughed up and pregnant. I'd feed her from the small amount of goodness within me but would have been more than happy if she had simply disappeared. And then she gave birth to a litter of four next to my front stoop on July 6th, 2010. The day got near 100 degrees and the momcat had no food or water or a good place out front to defend her kittens.

The five cats caught a break when they got into my house. The four kittens all caught good homes (two are here - Trouble and Shiloh).

Now here's the poppycock and horse shit from the "professional cat people" that have helped me out with trapping and neutering a bunch of cats off the street recently. And these are wonderful and loving people that will go bleeding in the middle of the night to save a feral cat: They tell me that feral kittens get to a point at which no chance for human socialization can be achieved. And that a young feral female that has given birth can never be attuned to human contact or be acclimated to get along well with human caretakers.

I suppose we'll have to get rid of our feral female feline Mister Mittens after seven years and 25 days since she can never be a house cat off the street. I'm going to miss bunking with her and rolling a comforter over her in the winter while she purrs and I pet her in the dark.

On Monday afternoon, July 31st, 2017 she wasn't much of a wild animal after a good breakfast at dawn, a great lunch, a fantastic brushing from the wife, some cat treats and some OK pettings and ear rubs.

The unadoptable girl and momcat Mister Mittens:

Post subject: Re: The Momcat Mister Mittens On July 31st, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 am 

Well, the Mom cat "adjusted" to being a house cat...but calls the shots vis a vis her daily routine! :lol:
Never abandoned being fully "street"...still has strong"personality"...and knows she "hit the lotto! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: The Momcat Mister Mittens On July 31st, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

She plays me like a master on a Stradivarius.