The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Taste? Preferences? Feral Cats? Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:54 pm 

The cats outside eat well and just after the Monday nightcap at Saratoga I laid out fresh kibble, new cool water and platters of premium Friskies cat food. Second from left is the tom Garfield with his tail straight up to let Nasty Mom know that he has come to her "platter" for food in peace and that he does not want to be involved in a brawl with his grandmother.

Move ahead about two minutes. I brought out the huge stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish all loaded up with expensive cans of chicken, tuna and sardines. And some leftover roast beef and ham. Cat noses work well, the cats here know me, the stainless steel feed dish was a clue and the cats enjoy good food. And yes, that's Nasty Mom up top. Her daughter and grandkids will share food but they want no part of a bully.

Post subject: Re: Taste? Preferences? Feral Cats? Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:40 am 

Two pics tell a story!

Nasty Nom's attitude has improved...she didn't chase an "interloper" away from her dish in top pic but...

:lol: :lol: all abandon Nasty Mom 's turf for the feast in the Great Dane platter!
Who is the little G/n/W kitty on the left in the bottom pic who is crowded out from the crew dining? Has a look like :o

Post subject: Re: Taste? Preferences? Feral Cats? Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:38 pm 

That's the little girl Catty Patty. When she gets crowded out I take care of that petite princess "special". She cried with joy was she was returned here from TNR.