The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Shadows Get Long In October For Cats & People, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:44 pm 

Dark comes earlier now while the planet does its 23.5-degree wobble and the Northern Hemisphere sees the sun rise and set farther to the south. It gets colder too unless warm winds blow up from the south and the Jet Stream keeps the Canadian and Arctic stuff up north.

After Saturday's getaway race on Slow Bred Day at Belmont Park I went downstairs to pee, moan with delight, grab a beer and prepare a meal for the feral cats outside. When I opened the side door the street tom that does not live here, Sad Face, was sitting in the driveway and staring at my door. Cattrappers.org and I caught him in the spring and got his testicles removed from his scrotum but he still shows up and doesn't show a grudge. He was hungry. I know him for some years and I pet him while he shuts his eyes and groans while tolerating me (no claws, no fangs, no hissing).

I laid out lots of food. Up top is Bosco, Sad Face and Nasty Mom with platters of premium wet cat food. Sad Face and Nasty Mom used to be torn up together in noisy wedded bliss during violent street rapes that had both cats bleeding but neutering has changed that behavior.

Down below at the "Great Dane" feed dish from the bottom is Bristol, Garfield, Catty Patty, Tuxedo and Garfield's twin brother Mr. Orange. There are cans of tuna, sardines and chunk chicken in water loaded up in the stainless steel pet-food gizmo. Ginger is the mother of the orange cats and the daughter of Nasty Mom but is not in this photo. I'm not in this photo either but I will continue to feed these cats and try to provide some shelter for as long as I'm still upright.

Post subject: Re: The Shadows Get Long In October For Cats & People, Woole
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:33 am 

The "Great Dane" feeders crowd the dish...all seem to eat w/o any drama!!!!

Must be they know food is available. No need to fight.

Goin' to heaven... :mrgreen: