The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: After The Aqueduct Getaway On 11/3, Wooley...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 pm 

The breakfast platters were empty and the feral cats know that I'm a nasty old bastard that hates cats. They don't hang out here looking for a dinner. Yeah right. Upper left staring at me through the side door handrails is the sweet girl Bristol. At the bottom of the steps is her grandfather Sad Face.

The little girl Bristol is a tough little beast. She doesn't let me get near her but she stays close when good food and fresh water is coming.

I laid out platters of great wet cat food, lots of Friskies kibble and the "Great Dane" feed dish all loaded up with StarKist tuna, Chicken of the Sea sardines and a diced-up shoulder lamb chop (medium rare). And yup, that's Nasty Mom in the upper left. I keep telling her I love her and I make sure she gets fed but she's not a cat that gets along with other cats. She won't come near me and she trots away whenever I try to come near her. She was born here a few years ago, gave birth here and I've been feeding her since Day #1 of her life. She doesn't live here anymore but I give her credit - she's alive, healthy, well-fed and I'd put money on her to get by another winter.

Post subject: Re: After The Aqueduct Getaway On 11/3, Wooley...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:51 pm 

Curved tails out back is Catspeak for "I'm not mad, I'm busy" but the orange tom Garfield always has his tail up in peace and happiness. That cat trots up to me and closes his eyes with his tail straight up while I rub up his skull, ears, neck, shoulders, back and sides. He should have been a house cat - sweetness is tough to find in a huge tom, even one that is neutered.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:18 pm 

One picture tells a story! :idea:

Pressure....pressure..I'd look out your backdoor and get "anxious" with all those eyes staring up at the door...waiting...waiting :lol:
Nasty Mom is a regular visitor for meals and so is Sad Face. Have you seen Mr Orange lately...he is usually in a pic.

I'd never see Bristol if you didn't flag her. Still skittish, \

Crew look very healthy. Where do they shelter in winter...garage and condos? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:22 pm 

Mr. Orange is on the left of the last photo just underneath Nasty Mom. He and Garfield are twin brothers out of Ginger.

Bosco and Catty Patty are tight buddies with the bunking and grooming. He would never let me get near him but once once Catty Patty joined Garfield and Tuxedo for pettings and rubs he got close and I can pet him now when the feed platters go down.

Granpa Sad Face? I pulled him out of a snowbank when he was a kitten, got him warm and fed him. He used to take wounds as a street-cat stud and has genes into every cat in this photo but I got him trapped and neutered. I have no idea where he lives or sleeps but he comes here a lot for food. He doesn't move when I approach him but but he does cringe a bit and tolerates me with his eyes closed when I pet him and rub his back. He's the biggest feral cat I feed but after being rendered "no balls" I don't see him now bleeding with pieces of fur and face gone. He had wounds during the TNR deal that held him over for a few days. He needed an abscess drained from a back leg and he got loaded up with some monster antibiotics.

God bless cattrappers.org and the volunteer DVM that treated him for zero dollars. The teen bride put up a huge donation but the feral cats out back were treated and neutered with no expectation of cash coming by some good people.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:48 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Mr. Orange is on the left of the last photo just underneath Nasty Mom. He and Garfield are twin brothers out of Ginger.

Bosco and Catty Patty are tight buddies with the bunking and grooming. He would never let me get near him but once once Catty Patty joined Garfield and Tuxedo for pettings and rubs he got close and I can pet him now when the feed platters go down.

Granpa Sad Face? I pulled him out of a snowbank when he was a kitten, got him warm and fed him. He used to take wounds as a street-cat stud and has genes into every cat in this photo but I got him trapped and neutered. I have no idea where he lives or sleeps but he comes here a lot for food. He doesn't move when I approach him but but he does cringe a bit and tolerates me with his eyes closed when I pet him and rub his back. He's the biggest feral cat I feed but after being rendered "no balls" I don't see him now bleeding with pieces of fur and face gone. He had wounds during the TNR deal that held him over for a few days. He needed an abscess drained from a back leg and he got loaded up with some monster antibiotics.

God bless cattrappers.org and the volunteer DVM that treated him for zero dollars. The teen bride put up a huge donation but the feral cats out back were treated and neutered with no expectation of cash coming by some good people.