The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Thanksgiving Second Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:17 pm 

The wife went to her sister's place in Jersey for Thanksgiving and that is why there is no Chrysler 200 sedan in the driveway in this photo. The teen bride baked Irish soda bread muffins early this morning with imported Irish butter in the recipe but last night she cooked up a bunch of chicken legs and thighs (no seasoning) for the feral cats out back. For Thanksgiving.

It was only 33 degrees this morning by my house and we knew that the feral cats would be coming by the side door a tad hungry out of their beds and shelter out back. I laid out platters of premium wet cat food, warm water and kibble. And lots of warmed-up chicken legs and thighs. Chicken bones? Good Lord, feral cats know how to eat bird parts.

They all went into the garage and cat condos to sleep off a belly-swelling meal in warm & dry beds. This evening after the 9th at Aqueduct I brought out warm water, kibble and platters of top-shelf wet cat food. And yes up top the four cats in the huge stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish are gobbling some piles of Chicken of the Sea tuna and sardines. Lower left and around is Ginger, Bristol, Catty Patty and Tuxedo. And yes again that's Nasty Mom eating alone in the lower left all by herself.