The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: "Hot Day" November 29th Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm 

It got to be 61 degrees by my house just 16 miles east of Aqueduct. Every cat in this photo has been trapped, neutered and vaccinated via TNR with the help of cattrappers.org. Most live out back in the cat condos or in my garage but...

...top left is Nasty Mom. She was born here, gave birth here and used to live here. She lays up somewhere in the neighborhood and I think somebody is taking care of her but she shows up here just about every day for meals. She used to go nuts with hisses and claws when with food when somebody came near. Tonight she is plump, well-fed and sharing a platter of Friskies with her son Mr. Orange. To their right is the happy tomcat Garfield. Further right is the once-scrawny Catty Patty and her brother Bosco. I was worried about Catty Patty getting by last winter as a healthy thin kitten but she wanted to live and this year she filled out nicely while eating well. She's sharing a platter with her long lean brother Bosco.

Down below is the black tom Tuxedo and his sister Bristol and his mom Ginger. If I go out back and call out to Tuxedo he will trot up to me for pettings, skull strokes and back rubs. I am so sorry that he's not a house cat for somebody - he's a sweet gentle tom but he lives well out back with a great bed and good shelter. Bristol lives out back and looks like her mother Ginger who doesn't live here now. But a couple of years back Ginger was a super mother to her litter as a raped kitten and even took on the three surviving kittens that her sister Emily deserted. Ginger had more kittens than nipples but I fed her well and she got every kitten weaned with a chance to live into adulthood. She was a super mom and I like her a little bit.

Post subject: Re: "Hot Day" November 29th Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:45 pm 

where do think Ginger lives? She and Nasty Mom appear to show-up for meals on a regular schedule. Odd rhey would be living w/people but dine at "maisonde de pole trimestre " They probably shelter elsewhere. :lol: All the ferals look plump :D too.

Post subject: Re: "Hot Day" November 29th Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 pm 

Ginger usually comes over a fence for a meal and Nasty Mom crosses the street to eat.

Tuxedo for sure lives in the garage because he was rolled up in a cat bed today when I went in there to put the new snow blower together.