The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Night's Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:14 pm 

After the getaway race at Gulfstream park I told the wife that it was Saturday night and that as a man and old Marine I was going out to take care of some pussy. She told me that I had a great idea but to make sure I heated up the cans of chicken she had purchased for the feral cats and to lay out extra kibble for overnight grazing. And to make sure the water bowl was cleared of snow and ice and had good warm water in it. Lordy, I still love the teen bride a little bit but I still have until May to opt out of the 45-year marriage tryout while we're both still young and can start new families.

The cats were eating well and in great health with great shelter awaiting them for overnight:

Post subject: Re: Saturday Night's Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:09 pm 

:lol: :lol:

FF is having a "sat nite feast!!!" All focused in eating ,except:

the (name) cat...the tri-colored, in the foreground is looking to their rt ...toward the driveway? Expecting company :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:36 pm 

they're all nice and plump, I just hope the garage door flap is big enough for them. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:44 pm 

"the (name) cat...the tri-colored, in the foreground is looking to their rt ...toward the driveway? Expecting company".

Bristol was watching her grandmother Nasty Mom cross the street and come up the driveway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:58 pm 

BELMONTLOVER wrote:
they're all nice and plump, I just hope the garage door flap is big enough for them. :lol:

Good beds and comforters take up the back end of the garage. Maybe cold but dry and out of the weather and wind. Well-fed cats in good shelter do OK during winter. The cat condos on the deck are insulated with good beds and loaded up with hay for cat "nesting".

I can't take in any more cats but the wife and I are trying to keep the ones out back in good shape the best way we can. The TNR deal from last spring at some expense will at least ensure that no kittens will be born out back during next spring.