The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: January 3rd Cat Dinner - Snow Is Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:39 pm 

It got to be almost 30 degrees today and on an errand this afternoon the bride went out in the car braless in a t-shirt and shorts. It hasn't been this warm on Long Island since last year. It's 23 degrees at 6 p.m.

Well, that's a lie with a blizzard warning up for Suffolk County just to the east of where we live in Nassau County.

We'll be OK tonight when the snow starts to fall and the feral cats out back have places to lay up in good shelter. All are carrying good weight and are well-fed. They should be fine even if I can't lay out food early in tomorrow morning's snow. I'll get them fed some which way during Thursday's snowstorm and if I don't the cats will be laid up dry in the garage or in the cat condos out of the wind in good beds.

After the getaway at Gulfstream Wednesday I laid out warm water, kibble, platters of wet cat food and in that stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish there were some cans of heated chicken and sardines in water.

Post subject: Re: January 3rd Cat Dinner - Snow Is Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
It got to be almost 30 degrees today and on an errand this afternoon the bride went out in the car braless in a t-shirt and shorts. It hasn't been this warm on Long Island since last year. It's 23 degrees at 6 p.m.

Well, that's a lie with a blizzard warning up for Suffolk County just to the east of where we live in Nassau County.

We'll be OK tonight when the snow starts to fall and the feral cats out back have places to lay up in good shelter. All are carrying good weight and are well-fed. They should be fine even if I can't lay out food early in tomorrow morning's snow. I'll get them fed some which way during Thursday's snowstorm and if I don't the cats will be laid up dry in the garage or in the cat condos out of the wind in good beds.

After the getaway at Gulfstream Wednesday I laid out warm water, kibble, platters of wet cat food and in that stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish there were some cans of heated chicken and sardines in water.

1/4 Pole wrote:

A test for me...from the back...tri-color Bristol, Catty Patty, Tuxedo, either Garfield or bro, Mr Orange and tri-color in foreground Ginger (or Bristol Who or where is Bosco the pic....or is Bosco a tri-colore too?

Post subject: Re: January 3rd Cat Dinner - Snow Is Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm 

That's Ginger and Catty Patty in the back. Down front is Tuxedo, Bosco and Bristol who has some black fur on her back. Looks just like her mother Ginger though.