The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: January 6th Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm 

After the getaway at Gulfstream I was all "hooded up" under a heavy coat as I got to the side door to take care of the feral cats. The big tom Sad Face, who does not live here, was up on his haunches against the door crying out for food when I got there. It was 9 degrees outside with some wind blowing. I went out and picked up the frozen-solid water bowl to thaw it out.

I laid out warm water and figured the best I could do was to serve a lot of cat kibble. I picked up the 16-pound bag of Purina Cat Chow we keep and loaded up lots of bowls and dishes with it outside. Sad Face got into it with gobbles as if he hadn't eaten in days. This long cold horror with a blizzard thrown in (due to break on Monday) has made the cats lay up in shelter and live off the fat in their "belly bags" but they still do get hungry. Wet food and the cans of tuna & sardines I normally serve freeze in a hurry.

Tonight the forecast says Long Island could get under zero degrees as I give the finger to my Al Gore global warming poster.

Some cats were here tonight for kibble eats. A few cats were behind me when I snapped this shot.

Mr. Orange was sitting on steps by the side door. He is an emotionless cat and bothers nobody. He eats well, is very healthy and treats me like the flunky that I am. I pet him now and again while he's eating and he tolerates that but never looks for attention and rubs like Tuxedo, Garfield and Catty Patty do.

Post subject: Re: January 6th Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:32 pm 

Who is "bright eyes"..the last cat in the first photo :?:

How does Sad Face look? Mr Orange looks "self-satisfied...taking in the scene.

I didn't see Nasty Mom in recent photos. Cartty Patty looks like NastyMom...w/o the "atttude" :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:49 am 

I don't know who was the last cat as I was in a hurry to get back inside but I think it's Ginger. Sad Face is hale and hearty. The wife thinks he's lost some weight since being TNRed but he's just fine. He moans with annoyance and closes his eyes when I pet him sometimes but he's never been hostile and knows that I'm his friend. And why not? I've been his chef for years.

Sunday night with "warm" temps in the upper teens I laid out platters of wet cat food for a full crew and they all ate well. The non-neutered White Leg has been showing up for food and the cats here don't like it. The only cats that don't live here and are accepted are Nasty Mom and Sad Face.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:30 pm 

Very rough winter for feral felines...even TNR'd. Good if a few hungry felines can grab a quick bite~at the "bistro"

The "royal fanily" basks in a life blissfully peaceful...catered to as pampered residents by their "staff" :lol: :lol: :lol: