The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Thursday's Dinner - Mr. Orange Looks Good
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm 

It's late January and still winter but the planet is coming back from its 23.5-degree wobble from the winter solstice and it's not dark on Long Island at 4:30 p.m. now.

After the getaway at Aqueduct I laid out warm water, kibble, platters of wet cat food, and cans of tuna & chicken in warm water in the Great Dane feed bowl. Mr. Orange does NOT like to be petted but I was able to grab him by the scruff to get a look at his eyes. The right eye that was leaking several days ago looked to be normal and he did not hiss or snarl or blow out some claws for me. He just doesn't want to be handled by a human but he knows that his bed and food come from me. I like him.

Up top in this photo are Catty Patty, Mr. Orange, Nasty Mom and Tuxedo. From the left and clockwise at the cans of chicken and sardines are Bosco, Ginger, Bristol and Garfield. Ginger has backed off from the feed bowl only because she is working with a huge sardine she has snagged.

Post subject: Re: Thursday's Dinner - Mr. Orange Looks Good
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:40 pm 

Catty Patty was a small female runt kitten at birth and I gave her no shot to live, especially when her mother Ginger took in three kittens from Emily's litter. Ginger was nursing 6 kittens and half of them weren't her's.

But Lordy, Catty Patty wanted to live and Ginger wanted the same thing for her. I was feeding Ginger several times a day and loading her up with the best food I could buy. She never stopped caring for the 6 kittens and all 6 live here as TNR adults. Catty Patty is still a small female cat but she's got some meat on her and a good "belly bag" underneath storing fat for her this winter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
It's late January and still winter but the planet is coming back from its 23.5-degree wobble from the winter solstice and it's not dark on Long Island at 4:30 p.m. now.

After the getaway at Aqueduct I laid out warm water, kibble, platters of wet cat food, and cans of tuna & chicken in warm water in the Great Dane feed bowl. Mr. Orange does NOT like to be petted but I was able to grab him by the scruff to get a look at his eyes. The right eye that was leaking several days ago looked to be normal and he did not hiss or snarl or blow out some claws for me. He just doesn't want to be handled by a human but he knows that his bed and food come from me. I like him.

Up top in this photo are Catty Patty, Mr. Orange, Nasty Mom and Tuxedo. From the left and clockwise at the cans of chicken and sardines are Bosco, Ginger, Bristol and Garfield. Ginger has backed off from the feed bowl only because she is working with a huge sardine she has snagged.

Wow! The FF's don't look as though they had a "hard winter" at all. In fact, they look as if they "were laying around all winter and feasting" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Their coats look thick and Tuxedo's shines. He looks like he filled out. Even Nasty Mom is looking "happier" :lol: Bravo!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:41 am 

I just can't imagine how any TNR feral cats could catch better food or shelter.