The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tux
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm 

Tuxedo is a sweet guy. This is the guy that greets me every morning when I get back from ShopRite. He sits and lets me lay down my groceries so that I can pet him and rub his neck, skull and ears. When I was putting the monster snow blower together out in the garage a few months back some cats scattered when I rolled up the front door but he saw me and stayed in his bed. And went back to sleep.

This afternoon with temps in the 50s he was lounging out back on the grass with a full belly while the races at Aqueduct had their way with me.

Post subject: Re: Tux
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:26 pm 

The bricks in this photo were here when I bought my home in 1978. They were the foundation of a bar-b-q that the original owner had built in 1947. Mr. Stellwagen was a WWII vet officer with U.S. Army Combat Engineers and told me he knocked it down when better bar-b-q options rolled onto the market in the early 1950s. I could never think of a reason to dig up those bricks. I still can't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 pm 

Aw...he looks like he is content to breath fresh air after a winter indoors! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 pm 

That young neutered tom Tuxedo doesn't walk the streets or leave the property. He'd have been a magnificent house cat for anybody that had an interest. His top fangs show over his lower lip when his mouth is closed but his teeth are snow white and he's just a sweet beast.

No he ain't feral but with three house cats here he ain't catching the great life I'd like to give him.