The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Sunday Cat Dinner (One Of Them)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:26 pm 

Lots of stuff has been blown over and to the far reaches of the yard both during and after the recent nor'ester but we've kept lots of good cat food coming for the felines out back.

That's my buddy Tuxedo with the kibble and Mr. Orange nearby. Enjoying some canned chicken and tuna is Ginger, her grandson Bosco and her son Garfield - two orange guys out of a beautiful street girl "clam shell".

Post subject: Re: Sunday Cat Dinner (One Of Them)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 pm 

The "orange guys" are all looking good. Tuxedo is a beauty with that shiny black fur. Who are Tuxedo's parents/relatves?

Post subject: Re: Sunday Cat Dinner (One Of Them)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:31 am 

I'm going addled with age but the mom of Tux is either Emily or Ginger. They gave birth just hours apart. I had dead and abandoned kittens by Emily, one stillborn from Ginger and I scooped the living all together to lay into Ginger. She nursed them all. I wasn't taking notes or filing birth certificates.

I do remember pulling three near-dead kittens out of the bushes from Emily and laying them into Ginger. They were covered with dirt and flapping their lips for nursing with no mother there. I plopped Emily's three living kittens into a cat condo with Ginger.

Next morning I figured I'd be out for another burial detail but Ginger had six clean kittens pulled into her chest and belly for milk. All six survived. Maybe I have to go to ancestry.com to get it all figured out.