The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Friday Evening Cat Eats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 pm 

After the getaway at Aquedut I brought out warm water and kibble. And then I brought out some platters of Friskies A#1 wet cat food. The cats were eating happily.

On my third trip from the kitchen I brought out about two pounds of of chicken from a Perdue "oven stuffer" in the stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish all warmed up and doused in warm water. Tuxedo trotted up to me for a rubbing and when I laid down the chicken I told Tux to get on it and so he did before the mob got there.

That's Mr. Orange off to the left. He eats well but doesn't like crowds unless he's very hungry. He knows that plenty of food is available and often eats the "leavings" when everybody is full and gone. He's a gentle soul and causes no problems for anybody feline or human.

And yeah that's Tuxedo and Garfield with their tails up in happiness.

Post subject: Re: Friday Evening Cat Eats
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:12 pm 

Is that Bristol? Where is the other tri...Ginger? :?: :?:

I see the back platters are "not crowded". All look happy, plump and shiny!!! :D :D

Soon the Feline family will be lounging on the deck...under a nice shady canopy!!! (or on top...cats like heights)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm 

That's Bristol upper right. Her mother Ginger was here this morning for a huge meal. And that's Nasty Mom upper left.

Earlier today I was glancing out of a dormer window from up in the man cave and Nasty Mom was coming across the street to get to my house. She stopped short and a car braked. She got back to the curb and the car passed. My block starts and ends on residential streets so no cars are ever speeding but Lordy you don't ever want to see a cat or loose dog get hit. Nasty Mom is "street" so I like her chances to get where she wants to go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:53 am 

Yeah...but cats can become "too confident" and ignore cars. Happened to my brother's cat...outdoor/indoor cat hit in back by car.
Never survived even after surgery. Nothing one can do. Good the FF stays in their territory( to date) and not venture away