The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Friday Night's Ham Job, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:24 pm 

The bride and I are ShopRite regulars so it wasn't a big deal to spend $400.00 prior to Easter to qualify for a free ham or turkey. We wanted the ham so the bride picked one up last week. Problem? Well it was almost 11 pounds and the smallest she could find but there are only two of us here. Ham dinners, ham sandwiches and ham 'n eggs are great things to have but there was still a lot of ham here after we got tired of ham this week.

Before she drove off to Virginia this morning the bride told me to start dicing ham for the cats outside with the super-sharp flllet knife and reminded me to not slice any fingers.

After the nightcap at Aqueduct I diced up a couple of pounds of warmed-up ham but before I laid it outside I brought out kibble, warm water and platters of Friskies & 9 Lives. The ham came out last. Garfield got on it while his "ever Sphinx" twin brother Mr. Orange was close by.

Sad Face was on the ham while upper left the mother of some of his children, Nasty Mom, was doing dessert with some kibble after dining on some premium wet cat food.

Post subject: Re: Friday Night's Ham Job, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:03 am 

Ah yes...the younger generation don't know easy it is for them living the "country club life" in LI NY :mrgreen:

Nasty Mom survived and raised several kittens as a feral mom with no government support. until" catnappers, et al freed her from" endless" litters of feral kittens...And Sad Face rescued from a sad life of violence, disease and hunger. Trapped by his nature in an already overpopulated feral population.

Looks like it took time foir both Nasty Mom and Sad Face to "adjust" to their changed life. Maybe as time elaspes both Nasty Mom and Sad Face may "spend weekends at the club! :mrgreen:

Nasty mom looks good. Thick coat. Sad Face...not so much. Looks thin and skimpy fur. Tough winter.