The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Getting Closer To Outdoor Cocktails & A Cat Lunch
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:36 pm 

The dismal wet spring we're doing on Long Island on top of the winter from hell and the April snowstorm has had me in the dumps. But this morning the bride and I caught some OK weather before the afternoon rains and we got the goddamn gazebo fairly well set up. The roof is the nasty part of the job and Ma and old Pa got the thing installed properly with very little profanity. All that's left to do is to hang the curtains and/or screens. And yes, after a few years outdoors nothing goes back together without tie wraps and duct tape. And some WD-40 on the Allen screws.

Since I was in and out of the garage all morning I was disrupting a lot of post-breakfast cat naps. Cats with full bellies after a nice breakfast truly catch great happiness by sleeping until their next meal so I served a nice lunch to make them sleepy again. The junk piled up off to the side of the driveway was scheduled to be gone from here in May. Maybe next week if it ever stops raining and we get the spring cleanup finished.