The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Friday Night Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:36 pm 

After the 7:30 nightcap at Belmont Park the sun was still shining low in the western Long Island sky. I laid out lots of cat food and I was happy to see all of the regular crew eating well. On the right is Nasty Mom sharing a platter of Friskies with her one-time violent husband Sad Face. It's amazing what happens when you get street cats neutered.

Top left is Bristol grooming herself. She stands off when I bring out food. She eats well but only after I go inside and close the side door. Mid-center shows Catty Patty, Tuxedo and Mr. Orange eating some cans of tuna and sardines out of the enormous stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish.

At the back of the house nearby is Midnight. He might be Trouble's brother but he wasn't around last spring and I never had the opportunity to trap him and get him neutered. The cats out back let him eat but he is very fearful of human contact. I feed him since he doesn't cause any "male" problems with the cats out back.

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 pm 

:mrgreen:

I always look forward to FF photos!

Tonight's scene is happy and interesting. Even Catty Patty is dining next to Sad Face who still appears ready to "bolt". Always on-guard.

Too bad about Midnight...looks scared and fearful. Unfortunately he missed Barbara at Catrappers visit a few weeks ago.
Cats are smart. They know Midnight is not a "biological threat.

Who is that under the car in the 2nd photo...White Leg? :?:

Post subject: Re: Friday Night Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:38 am 

I never saw that cat when I snapped the photo but it's Ginger who is pleasingly plump, well fed and this morning spent time rubbing up against her son Bosco with her tail straight up.