The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Saturday 7/10 Cat Breakfast - And Sad Face, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:26 pm 

I caught a good pee and I fed the three house cats shortly after dawn and then for some strange reason I went back to bed. I slept in until 7:30 before dressing for my morning errands.

There were lots of cats outside looking for a breakfast but before I could feed them I had to bring in the food platters, feed dishes and water bowl from Friday night. They needed a good hot-water cleaning with my best girl Dawn and a good sponge. While outside to make my collections I laid some pettings into Tuxedo, Garfield and Catty Patty. And the old scarred TNR tom Sad Face was sitting alone next to the side steps. He just closed his eyes, tossed his head to the side and winced while I was rubbing his head. I've been feeding him for years and he tolerates me.

Anyway, when I brought out the kibble and fresh water some cats were happy and began to eat but not Sad Face. The side door was open but the screen door was closed. I made up some platters of wet Friskies cat food and loaded up the stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish with canned chicken and sardines. On my way out Sad Face was on the top step by the side door standing up with his two fronts up against it. He saw me get my shoulder into the screen door to get out lots of food and he let out a "yip".

Sad Face ate well and I do love that cat.

Post subject: Re: The Saturday 7/10 Cat Breakfast - And Sad Face, Wooley
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:42 am 

:D :D :D