The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Sad Face Mystery, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 pm 

I still have no idea where he lives but some few years ago I do know that he was prowling the neighborhood nuts in the head with nuts and brawling other tomcats to catch a quickie with a female that was "in season". I know that two of his kittens are Ginger and the vanished Emily via Nasty Mom.

I have my snowbank story about him when he was a kitten when I saved his ass. I've been feeding him for a long time. Even as a ripped-up tom with wounds I'd feed him and be gentle with him. He'd cringe but allowed me to pet him without so much as a hiss or a paw swat. He was a huge nasty street tom.

In May of 2017 I went on the mission to trap neighborhood cats with cattrappers.org and get them neutered. Sad Face showed up one evening and got trapped. Usually a TNR (trap, neuter, return) deal takes only a day or so but Sad Face was held over for three days to be treated for his tomcat wounds. One was infected and he had to be sutured and loaded up with antibiotics. Ms. Palm from cattrappers.org told me that the young volunteer DVM treating him was amazed that a ripped-up street tom could be so gentle with human hands on him. I may have had something to do with that,

I still have no idea where Sad Face lives but he's a street-smart large cat now with no wounds. His balls and aggressive behavior are gone but he still shows up here for a lot of meals. He's healthy and he still cringes when I rub him up and pet him but he tolerates me. And his left ear has been clipped well to let the world know that he has been neutered.

Post subject: Re: The Sad Face Mystery, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:12 pm 

Likely when you pet :D :D him he has an "automatic" cringe reaction, no doubt from his years

on the street being chased and harassed by :| :( humans Sad Face likes pets but he cannot shake that "fear" cringe reaction

Always on "alert" but, if he moved in permantently :mrgreen: he might get over it :?: :!: :!:

Post subject: Re: The Sad Face Mystery, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 pm 

When I lay out food and the cats gather oftentimes Sad Face mopes up the driveway in a slow walk. He just knows that a lot of food is available and that he's going to eat well. He knows me.