The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Night's Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:17 pm 

After the getaway at Aqueduct I was thinking about ice hockey and maybe dancing in front of a mirror solo in my wife's underwear when I remembered it'd be a good idea to lay out a great meal for the cats outside. I laid out platters of 9Lives and Friskies. I loaded up the large stainless steel gizmo with tuna and sardines. I laid out a pile of kibble and a large bowl of warm water.

Every cat in this photo is unable to bring more cats into this world. I saw to that in the Spring of '17 via TNR. On the left is the gorgeous Ginger. The huge grey beast on the right is Sad Face and he's sharing a platter of food with his old girlfriend Nasty Mom who laid out some kittens from that guy. In the middle are the "orange guys" - Mr Orange, Garfield and Bosco. And yes, that's the big furry beast Garfield with his tail up in happiness. He's a sweet cat. And down below in the tuna and sardines are Catty Patty and her brother Tuxedo, two of Sad Face's kids via Ginger.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Night's Cat Dinner
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:19 pm 

Love it!!! My cats keep me alive!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:41 pm 

Sad Face is a pip. When I got him trapped to be neutered with the help of cattrapper.org he had some wounds from fights in the street to catch some lady cat action but I was feeding him and knew him well. He knew the "human touch" and I was it. I was told by cattapper.org that the young post-grad vet was amazed that Sad Face was so gentle with so many wounds on him. He was held for three days and loaded up with antibiotics until he was returned to my front lawn. Trap, Neuter and Return means the cat is returned to the spot where he/she was trapped. Today, Sad Face is a big healthy cat with no wounds, no bleeding, no infections and no street fights in his future for a quickie date. The trade off is that he gets to live longer than hunting for a female cat ready to have kittens. I love the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:04 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
After the getaway at Aqueduct I was thinking about ice hockey and maybe dancing in front of a mirror solo in my wife's underwear when I remembered it'd be a good idea to lay out a great meal for the cats outside. I laid out platters of 9Lives and Friskies. I loaded up the large stainless steel gizmo with tuna and sardines. I laid out a pile of kibble and a large bowl of warm water.

Every cat in this photo is unable to bring more cats into this world. I saw to that in the Spring of '17 via TNR. On the left is the gorgeous Ginger. The huge grey beast on the right is Sad Face and he's sharing a platter of food with his old girlfriend Nasty Mom who laid out some kittens from that guy. In the middle are the "orange guys" - Mr Orange, Garfield and Bosco. And yes, that's the big furry beast Garfield with his tail up in happiness. He's a sweet cat. And down below in the tuna and sardines are Catty Patty and her brother Tuxedo, two of Sad Face's kids via Ginger.

Sensational shot! The family is grouped via their"affinities"/relarives. I haven't seen many pics of Ginger. She is a beauty.

Who does Ginger "hang with" :o

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:42 am 

Ginger shows up to eat. She goes over the tall fences like it was going up a single step. She was born here and gave birth here. Her sister Emily gave birth the same day but deserted her kittens and left them to try to nurse dirt Nasty Mom is the mother of Emily and Ginger.

Ginger was nursing three kittens in a cat condo. A fourth was all white and probably born dead and Ginger kicked the dead kitten aside. I took it away. I found Emily's litter behind a bush out back. Two were dead and three were almost dead. They were trying to nurse on dirt and were filthy. They had no shot to live but I thought Ginger might know what to do. I cleaned off the kittens the best I could and took the top off the cat condo. I laid the three kittens into Ginger's belly alongside her three and figured I'd have more dead kittens in the morning.

Next morning Ginger was nursing six kittens and they were all super clean and spotless. I like Ginger a lot. She was a momcat that went way beyond the call of Mom Nature's duty. Mr. Orange, Garfield, Bosco, Catty Patty and Tuxedo owe their lives to Ginger.