The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Dinner With Mister Mittens
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:28 pm 

Mister Mittens makes stranges Momcat noises and all the kittens squeal a reply and scurry over to her. When they have all gathered Mister Mittens lies down and serves dinner. She does this countless times every day and when she's not feeding them she's grooming her kittens or playing with them.

Post subject: Re: Dinner With Mister Mittens
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:01 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Those are the cutest little piglets :lol: :D
But Mittens looks like she's about ready to take that camera and bury it in the litter box :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 pm 

I can't find one's head. The one near Mitten's hind leg, this one looks like the runt. Can't really see his head.

Can't call this lady, Mister, either!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:10 am 

The one at the rear is the smallest for sure. She's also the least aggressive and is the last to show up for a meal. Sometimes I push kittens aside in order to get her a good nipple. She's lively and happy but the others are a lot more aggressive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:40 am 

The two dark-colored kittens are horrors and the white one on top of Mom in this photo was clawing like a maniac and going overland to get to a chest nipple. I'm thinking the best milk is there.

All four kittens are healthy and in good shape. The two dark ones have been named "Mischief" and "Trouble". I have not been able to ID their sex yet but Trouble is into solid food before being weaned. I got down low carefully and extended my hand gently to Trouble.

The kitten sniffed my hand and then swattted it with a paw with the claws out. Four-weeks old and it's pissing off the old fart that gave it a home.

One would expect better behavior from a feline creature that is only 29 days old but my cat book from the Humane Society tells me that there is some crazy pussy out there.

Good Lord, I knew that at the age of 16.