The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Face Of Feline Terror
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:49 pm 

This is the huge beast that causes all the trouble around my house - this is the face of pure feline evil. This is the biggest of the litter. He bites feet, assaults his litter mates and raises havoc when he's not sleeping or nursing. This thing is just 34 days old and the guy that has own thread in the Off Topic section. The photo quality is not the best but it's the only one I could get before he pounced on me and ran me off.

Post subject: Re: The Face Of Feline Terror
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:58 pm 

Four kittens - four completely different personalities. I'm not even sure this creature is male, the only one I'm sure of is that Shiloh is female. If you try to look under this thing's tail the only equipment you get to see is teeth and claws.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:00 pm 

That's his mother in the left of the photo - mellow Mister Mittens. When I showed up with the camera he let go of the nipple and got sore at me for bothering him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 pm 

And now that everybody has had a nice cat milk lunch it's nap time but nobody wants to get into the cat bed with this little striped bastard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:04 pm 

The cat that lives here already thinks that she is boss. If I take your alpha-cat I will start a war. Give me the cute one off to the right in the second photo in this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:49 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
I'm starting to notice a resemblance ... so whatever you do don't get him wet :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:03 pm 

That's Shiloh or Chaos, Samyn. They are both nice kittens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:48 pm 

Revenge is sweet! Three kittens ganged up on Trouble and kicked his ass this evening. Even Shiloh got her licks in (she's on the left here with the two black patches on her back) but it was Mischief and Chaos who really gave it to him. It was good to see the striped terror on the bottom of the pile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm 

I am enjoying your "tales of terror" as much as the races!

Terror is a very cute cat as well as all of them. Very entertaining to watch them play :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:28 pm 

The kittens are fascinating to watch. They're not even weaned yet the clumsiness is disappearing and they're into their "hunting games" and practicing the claw swipes and stalking. They understand their mother perfectly - she calls them for meals and they come running. When they're hidden away and napping and she's been off somewhere she calls out and they answer back so she knows where they are before she drops for a nap. They don't come running as they understand that Mom is only taking "attendance". Unless Mittens gets the 4 replies she expects to hear (something like a short 'meowish chirp') she goes looking for the missing.

I was reading about a 1944 study in which animal behavior experts identified a very complex pattern of sounds that go back and forth between a Momcat and her kittens. The vocabulary is extensive and even newborns could respond intelligently in a short time. The Momcat only makes such sounds when she is raising young in order to communicate with her kittens.