The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: The Face Of Feline Terror
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:08 pm 

I took these photos just seconds apart - Trouble, Mischief, and Chaos are sacked out together on a bath towel while across the room the shy Shiloh (get it?) prefers to have the cat bed all to herself. Trouble is the large striped s.o.b. hogging the best part of the towel.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 am 

They're 35 days old today and I have successfully introduced the kittens to using a litter box. I enjoy seeing the presents they leave me. Momcat took to her's with no problems. The wife is starting to call me Catman. I need a drink.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:46 am 

Cats are neat and clean...and smart....right to the litter box. They prefer "clean litter" as you'll find out if you miss a few days taking care of their box :mrgreen:

Trouble is adorable. I think you should keep him/her and the Mom. Cats are trouble free for the most part and great pets...don't have to "walk them" and they are independent but affectionate.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:03 am 

The litter boxes get scooped several times a day, Wooley, and my home does not smell like a cat kennel. It won't be long before my Catman nickname morphs to Catshitman and that's OK. We're using the Arm & Hammer litter and it seems to work fine. Clump and dump. Taking advice from my cat care book from the Humane Society I kept it simple - plain $3.98 open litter boxes with no roofs, windows or bells and whistles. I am amazed at how smart cats truly are.

Momcat jumps on my bed some time around 5 a.m. most days and pokes me to get up and make her some breakfast but that's OK. She jabs me one-two/one-two with her front paws and it's absolutely fascinating how gentle she is with this stunt. I get up before the sun comes up on most days anyway and we go to the kitchen together to grab some breakfast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:06 pm 

Have you found homes for them yet?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:57 am 

I believe I have one adopted and I'm thinking of keeping Trouble - I need to adopt out two more.