The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Cat Play & Adoption
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 am 

LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL This is tough to learn before 7 am, while trying to handicap in one's hotel room. With NO coffee, yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:22 am 

After 7+ weeks Mister Mittens still offers milk to her kittens.

The kittens have teeth like tiny bayonets and claws like steak knives but they are all healthy and happy and a joy to be near - just to watch them play and be happy cats is a good deal. They are all clean litter box cats (from 5 weeks) and a thrill to play with. They are all acclimated to the "human touch" and do not scratch or bite except in play (and even then it's just real easy stuff). They are just fine young healthy kittens.

I need some takers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 pm 

I have an appointment with the shelter after the Labor Day weekend. The Nassau County Shelter will be happy to kill any kittens I bring to them.

My taxes pay for this stuff. The beauty of it all is that the kittens will no doubt lick my hand and be happy as I toss them off to 3-days or euthanasia.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:17 pm 

My friend Samyn tells me he's coming over this weekend to provide a loving home to at least one kitten and I'm keeping one to keep Mister Mittens company. Two to go and maybe my house won't have to be one enormous cat toy and litterbox anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:21 pm 

Why don't you at least give the kittens a chance...North Shore cannot be too far for you to take them. A little "donation" to help with spaying if they require that shouldn't break the bank...at least the kittens may have a shot to live. At Nassau...no chance.

1/4 Pole wrote:
I have an appointment with the shelter after the Labor Day weekend. The Nassau County Shelter will be happy to kill any kittens I bring to them.

My taxes pay for this stuff. The beauty of it all is that the kittens will no doubt lick my hand and be happy as I toss them off to 3-days or euthanasia.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:28 pm 

wooley85 wrote:
Why don't you at least give the kittens a chance...North Shore cannot be too far for you to take them. A little "donation" to help with spaying if they require that shouldn't break the bank...at least the kittens may have a shot to live. At Nassau...no chance.

1/4 Pole wrote:

Or post the kittens on Craigslist.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:06 pm 

A what list? As an old fart that has never had contact with a cell phone or a social contact idiot website I will beg off.

Communications?

As a teenaged Marine I spent some time humping a PRC-25 on my back in the field. It was heavy and prevented me from carrying a rifle. I carried two pistols instead, one on my hip and one in a shoulder holster.

While making $109 a week in 1970 I wore an enormous Motorola "beeper" on my hip while out in the field in Manhattan doing field service on copy machines for Olivetti-Underwood. It yelled out with noise and blinked a red LED (light emmiting diode) that meant "call your office".

Years later I had a "beeper" while making good money. As soon as you had great work done in the field, that tiny fucker made noise while you were parked in a good saloon. You had to leave and do more work.

While working in the computer room of a great retailer years ago I bought my wife one of the first cell phones. It was in a shoulder bag.

I never called my wife of 37 years at work and she never called me when she knew I was at home.

Now that I am an old retired fart I have a land line at home and no desire to "communicate" with anybody except with this board and maybe talking to a neighbor over a fence.

Most of my phones at home have the ringer shut off. Unless I am expecting a call I won't pick it up. Caller-ID is a wonderful thing.

Jeez, I was involved with "communications" for more than 40 years and I understand that most messages going anywhere are worthless and a waste of time.

People that cross the street with a cell phone glued to their ear and get hit by a bus almost deserve it for being stupid.

Call me on my cell phone: 879-438-2726 (TRY-GET-BRAIN).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:43 am 

[quote="1/4 Pole"]A what list? As an old fart that has never had contact with a cell phone or a social contact idiot website I will beg off.

Craigslist is a classified ad website. You can buy/sell/give almost anything from old furniture to sex :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:25 am 

Well, I have plenty of old furniture anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:16 am 

The kitten is adapting well so far. I suspected that he might be sad for losing his dear mother, litter-mates and 1/4 Pole. To my surprise he has made a smooth transition to our family. He has a good appetite and runs around all kitten crazy. Our old cat doesn't seem to care much for him but she hasn't tried to hurt him. I hope some one can adopt the others soon.